Spring 2020 Hours of Operation
THE TESTING CENTER WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL IN-PERSON SERVICES THROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE SPRING 2020 SEMESTER. WE ARE OPEN FOR REMOTE OFFICE HOURS AND SUPPORT. PLEASE CONTACT TESTING@MIRACOSTA.EDU WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME, SURF ID (if applicable) AND TOPIC/QUESTION (I.E. PLACEMENT, CHALLENGE EXAMS, ETC) IN YOUR EMAIL.
The Placement Process
The MiraCosta placement process provides you with the information you need to get started in the math and English courses that best support your educational pathway.
Complete the placement process in a variety of ways:
The MiraCosta CCCApply application may ask you to provide the following:
- High school GPA
- Highest high school math/English course completed
- High school math/English coursework and grades
Have your high school transcript information accessible while applying to help with this step. Students who provide this information on the application will receive an email with their math and English placement within a few days. This placement notification is also available in the Message Center located in your SURF Student Center.
Didn't provide information on the MiraCosta application?
Submit any of the following to Testing Services to complete the placement process:
- Official or unofficial high school transcript
- Multiple Measures Self-Report Update form.Completed forms may be submitted to Testing@miracosta.edu or dropped off in-person at any of our three campus locations.
Based on how your cumulative, unweighted high school GPA and courses completed meet the multiple measure criteria, students may be placed directly in transfer-level or transfer-level with concurrent support English and mathematics courses.
If you would like information and/or access to math and English courses outside of your placement, you may visit the Testing Services office to learn about our Guided Self-Placement process. Some students may take an ESL Guided Placement Process for English/ESL placement.
Testing Services also houses the Academic Proctoring Center, a unique test proctoring service for students.
- You must have an Application for Admission on file before you assess.
- We are excited to share that California State Law AB 705 gives more students the opportunity to enroll directly in transfer-level (or transfer-level with support) math and English courses via the placement process..
- Valid photo ID is required to take assessments and to pick up assessment scores.
- Students or community members with verified disabilities are entitled to appropriate accommodations. For specific details, contact the Disabled Students Programs and Services Office at 760-795-6658 or visit their website at MiraCosta College - Disabled Students Program & Services (DSPS).
We are committed to providing you with excellent student support and information you need to be successful in your academic career. Please do not hesitate to call 760-795-6685 or email if we can be of any assistance!
Testing Dept., M/S 10B
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Office Locations at all 3 campuses!
Testing Office, and Academic Proctoring Center,
Bldg 3300, Rm 3334
Testing Office and Academic Proctoring Center,
San Elijo Campus
Bldg 100, Rm 101
P 760.944.4449 ext. 7752
Testing Office, Community Learning Center
Bldg C, Rm 137
P 760.757.2121 ext. 8841
Testing & Academic Proctoring Center now on Facebook!