Textbook Loan Program (TLP)
The Textbook Loan Program is located in Room 3514 at the Oceanside Campus!
The Textbook Loan Program is a free service to eligible MiraCosta college students.Our goal is to assist as many eligible student as possible. However, be informed that our inventory is limited and we may not have any of the books you request, therefore we encourage you to explore multiple options for getting your books.
Important TLP Application Dates
Fall 2017 - If you borrowed books from the Textbook Loan Program this Fall 2017, they are due back the week of final examinations. In order to avoid a hold on your records, all books must be received by Monday, December 18th. Please call the Textbook Loan Program at 760.757.2121 Ext. 6421 to iqnuire about hours of operation.
Spring 2018 - The application will become available on January 2, 2018 through your SURF account. You must be enrolled in spring semester classes before you can apply.
Have the title, author, edition and price information ready for each of the textbooks you’ll be requesting.
1 Go to www.miracosta.edu.
2. Click on SURF.
3. Enter your SURF ID and Password.
4. From your Student Center select "Enrollment: Add” from the drop down menu under “enrollment actions” and click the go icon.
5. Select the appropriate semester/term, then click on “Continue”.
6. Scroll down and click on “Apply” in the “TextBook Loan Application” box.
7. Complete the following sections:
- Goal and Income Information
- Book Request Detail
- List required textbooks only. You may list up to 4 books, but may only be loaned one or two. The Textbook Loan Program does not offer textbooks that are one-time-use or online access codes.
- Electronic Signature (use the format below)
- Last Name, First Name
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation with detailed information.
Application Review Process
We begin to process textbook loan applications two weeks before the start of each term/semester. Once your application is processed, you will receive an e-mail notification with the status of your application.
If we have books available to loan you, you will have 5 business days to pick them up from the time you receive the e-mail notification. Books that are not picked up within 5 business days, will be made available to other students.
If you live closer to the San Elijo campus, please let us know and we will make arrangements so that you can pick up approved textbooks at the Admissions and Records Office of that campus.
Book Return Instructions
All book returns must be made at the Textbook Loan Program Office during regular hours of operation or at the EOPS office. If you were loaned texbooks in previous semesters and did not return them, you may have a hold on your records.
To avoid a hold on your records, return books as soon as you are done with final examinations.
Any damaged or lost books will be replaced at the expense of the borrower. For more information please call us at 760.757.2121 x6421
Location / Office Hours
The Textbook Loan Program Office is located in Room 3514 at the Oceanside Campus.
Hours of Operation
- Hours of operation vary. . Please call 760.757.2121 Ext. 6421 to inquire.