Textbook Loan Program
Note: We are currently processing applications for the 2015 spring semester. Please know that we process applications based on the order in which they were received. Our inventory is limited and we may not have any of the books you request, so we encourage you to explore other options to get your books.
If you were loaned books in the Fall 2014 semester, and did not return them, your Spring 2015 Textbook Loan application will not be processed. Furthermore, a hold will be placed on your records.
The Textbook Loan Program is a free service to all MiraCosta college students that need assistance with textbooks.
Through this program students can borrow up to two textbooks during a regular semester and one textbook over the summer at no charge. Students interested in borrowing books must submit an online application via SURF.
- Have the title, author, edition and price information ready for each of the textbooks you’ll be requesting.
- Go to www.miracosta.edu
- Click on SURF
- Enter SURF ID and Password
- Select the "add courses" or enroll in courses" option
- Select current term then “Continue”
- Scroll down and click on “Apply” in the “TextBook Loan Application” box. In order for you to have access to the TextBook Loan Application link you must be enrolled in classes for the current semester.
- Complete the following areas: All questions must be answered.
- Goal and Income Information
- Book Request Detail
- Electronic Signature
- Name – ex. Lastname, FirstName Middle Initial
- Click on SAVE to send your application.
- You will receive an email confirmation with detail information.
TBLP online instructions
- List required textbooks only. You may list up to 4 books, but may only be loaned one or two. The Textbook Loan Program does not offer textbooks that are one-time-use or come with an online access code.
- You will receive an e-mail notification once your application is processed and your book(s) are ready for pick up at the Textbook Loan Program Office (room 3445). Books that are not picked up within 3 business days, will be made available to other students.
Book Return Instructions
- To avoid a hold on your records, books must be returned by the last day of the semester in which they were loaned.
- SPRING 2015 - BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED BY MAY 22, 2015
- All book returns must be made at the Textbook Loan Program Office during regular hours of operation or in the EOPS office.
- Any damaged or lost books will be replaced at the expense of the borrower.
For more information please call us at 760.757.2121 x6421 or 760.757.2121 x6340.
Location / Office Hours
Textbook Loan Office
The Textbook Loan Program Office is located in Room 3445 (Just outside the entrance to the student center building 3400)
Spring 2015 Hours
- Tuesday, 8:30am- 10:30am and 12:30pm-2:00pm
- Wednesday, 9:30am- 2:00pm
- Thursday, 8:30am- 10:30am and 12:30pm-2:00pm