Textbook Loan Program
The Textbook Loan Program is a free service to MiraCosta college students who need assistance with textbooks. Through this program students can borrow up to two textbooks during a regular semester and one textbook over the summer at no charge. Students interested in borrowing books must submit an online application via SURF.
Note: Our inventory is limited and we may not have any of the books you request, so we encourage you to explore other options to get your books.
If you were loaned texbooks in previous semesters and did not return them, you may have a hold on your records.
- List required textbooks only. You may list up to 4 books, but may only be loaned one or two. The Textbook Loan Program does not offer textbooks that are one-time-use or online access codes.
- You will receive an e-mail notification once your application is processed and your book(s) are ready for pick up at the Textbook Loan Program Office (room 3445). Books that are not picked up within 5 business days, will be made available to other students.
- To begin the applications process, please follow the steps below:
- Have the title, author, edition and price information ready for each of the textbooks you’ll be requesting.
- Go to www.miracosta.edu
- Click on SURF
- Enter SURF ID and Password
- Select the "add courses" or enroll in courses" option
- Select current term then “Continue”
- Scroll down and click on “Apply” in the “TextBook Loan Application” box. In order for you to have access to the TextBook Loan Application link you must be enrolled in classes for the current semester.
- Complete the following areas: All questions must be answered.
- Goal and Income Information
- Book Request Detail
- Electronic Signature
- Name – ex. Lastname, FirstName Middle Initial
- Click on SAVE to send your application.
- You will receive an email confirmation with detail information.
Book Return Instructions
- To avoid a hold on your records, books must be returned by the last day of the semester in which they were loaned.
- Fall 2015 - BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED BY DECEMBER 22, 2015
- All book returns must be made at the Textbook Loan Program Office during regular hours of operation or in the EOPS office.
- Any damaged or lost books will be replaced at the expense of the borrower.
For more information please call us at 760.757.2121 x6421 or 760.757.2121 x6340.
Location / Office Hours
The Textbook Loan Program Office is located in Room 3445 (Just outside the entrance to the student center building 3400. Please call our office at 760.757.2121 Ext. 6421 to inquire about our hours.