Fiscal Services - Travel and Mileage Information
Before you Travel
- Complete sections A, B and C of the hard copy Travel Request Form (referred to as a TR). Allowable expenses and limits can be found on the back of the form.
- You must be pre-approved to be reimbursed for mileage for use of your personal vehicle.
- As of January 1, 2013 the standard mileage rate for business miles driven is 56.5 cents per mile. Prior to January 1, 2013 the mileage reimbursement rate was 55.5 cents per mile.
- Submit the TR to your department chair\supervisor for approval. If approved, your supervisor should forward to Jani Tobin @ ms 6. If not approved your supervisor should notify you directly.
- The completed and signed TR must be submitted to Fiscal Services at least ten working days before the registration fees or advancement is due.
- Forward all copies of the TR to Jani Tobin in Fiscal Services.
- Once approved and received by Fiscal Services, an advancement will be made directly to you, upon request, for your travel expenses (not to exceed $2,000.00). This advancement is based on the estimated expenses identified on your TR. You will make your own travel arrangements and pay for them. Based on the receipts you submit, you will either be reimbursed or owe the district for the difference between the advancement and actual expenses.
- Your advancement will be sent to you with two copies of your TR.
- We can prepay your registration for you. See section B of the TR.
After you Travel
- Complete the claim portion of your TR.
- Send both TR copies back to Jani Tobin @ ms 6 within five working days of your return. Attach all receipts (including meals, hotel, registration, shuttle, etc.).
- You will be contacted if you owe the district the difference between the advancement and actual expenses. If your expenses exceeded your advancement, we will process and mail your reimbursement.
- Plaza Travel (phone #760-798-1159) is available for booking airline tickets..
- Reimbursement limits and more detailed information are available on the back of the Travel Request Form.