Monthly Budget Reports FY 14
- August 2013 (PDF)
- September 2013 (PDF)
- October 2013 (PDF)
- November 2013 (PDF)
- December 2013 (PDF)
- January 2014 (PDF)
- February 2014 (PDF)
- March 2014 (PDF)
- April 2014 (PDF)
- May 2014 (PDF)
ASG Operating Budget
- Fiscal Year 2014 (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2013 (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2012 (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2011 (XLSX)
- Fiscal Year 2010 (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2009 (PDF)
ASG Retained Earnings Plan
- Approved on May 3, 2013 (XLSX)
ASG Annual Fiscal Reports
- Fiscal Year 2013 (PDF)
ASG Finance Committee
The ASG Finance Committee is a standing committee of the ASG charged with assisting the Vice President of Finance in making recommendations to the Senate on all fiscal matters.
- Committee Composition and Responsibilities (ASG Bylaws--Section B, 3)
- 2013-2014 Schedule
*The committee will convene no later than the second week of the fall semester.
Monthly Budget Reports FY 13
FY 13 Budget Ad-hoc Committee
The Constitution of the Associated Student Government (ASG) requires the Student Senate to “manage its financial affairs through a budget” (p. 11). The ASG would like to be open and transparent about all its financial matters and create a data-driven budget that accurately reflects the needs of the student body. To that end, the 2013-2014 ASG budget will be constructed by an ad-hoc committee which will forward its recommendations to the ASG Executive Vice President before presenting the budget to the Senate for final approval. The ASG invites all members of the MiraCosta College Community to participate in this process by requesting funds from the ASG through the Funding Request Application. Members of the public may also attend regular meetings of the ASG Budget Ad-hoc Committee held on Tuesdays from 11:30am-12:30 pm at the Oceanside Campus Student Center: Temescal Room.
Agendas and Minutes
|February 26, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|March 5, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|March 19, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|March 26, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|March 28, 2013||Q Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|April 2, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|April 4, 2013||Q Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|April 9, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|April 11, 2013||Room 3118||Agenda||None||Minutes|
|April 16, 2013||Temescal Room||Agenda||None||Minutes|
Funding Request Applications
The applications for FY 14 are now closed.
Requestors will be notified when their request(s) have been received and will be given updates on the status of their request(s) until the 2013-2014 ASG budget has been approved by the Senate.
Request Approval Guidelines and Considerations
The ASG exists “to serve the collective needs of the students at MCC” (ASG Constitution p. 1); therefore, all requests for funding must comply with MCCCD board policies & administrative regulations, as well as ASG Bylaws, Article IV. The ASG Budget Ad-hoc Committee will deliberate over requests according to the following guidelines (ASG Bylaws p. 24):
- Expenditures of FC funds must conform with constitutional requirements, including the decision of the United States Supreme Court in Board of Regents v. Southworth, 529 U.S. 217, 120 S. Ct. 1346 (2000), existing California Statutes, Attorney General's opinions, MCCCD Board policies, administrative regulations, policies and procedures.
- How the request enhances cultural, educational, social and recreational opportunities for MCC students.
- The demonstrated need and/or benefits of the programs or services being planned.
- The number of students being served.
- The thoroughness of the application.
- When making decisions the Senate will take into consideration the amount of money available.
All requests are subject to the approval of the ASG Budget Ad-hoc Committee and must receive final approval from the Senate.