Employee Recognition Programs
Outstanding Employee Award - Fall 2013
Vicki Krivoski, Coordinator of Library Opetrations, Academic Information Services, was named the recipient of the fall 2013 Outstanding Employee Award. Here's what her colleagues had to say about her:
- She is a leader and a role model, setting the bar rather high and stays ahead of the curve.
- She makes complex projects seem effortless because of excellent planning.Vicki has collaborative relationships with all facets of the campus community and can be counted on to be a team player.
- Even if faced with an uninteresting or unpleasant task, she finds humor in the situation and tackles it with professionalism and grace. "I seek out Vicki to help me adjust my own attitude. Her work ethic and wisdom are truly priceless," said a coworker.
- She's respectful of others' input, ideas and skills.
- A constant innovator, Vicki has vision and gives excellent service.
- She has an ever-vigilant response to student needs and has taught them life skills, such as the importance of punctuality, dependability and accuracy.
- Vicki is a proactive advocate for student and staff success, serving on a variety of committees to meet the needs of MiraCosta College as a whole.
- "If I was a project assigned to do battle with this person, I'd be afraid. This person is a veritable work ninja."
- She has an impressive knowledge of MiraCosta College and staff policies.
- "She's like a mother or father hen corralling all the crazy chicks to maintain order and sanity."
- Few are as enthusiastic about a system upgrade as Vicki.
- She has been an outstanding employee for more than two decades.
Outstanding Employee Award - Spring 2014
Lucy Dominguez, Facilities Assistant, was named the recipient of theSpring 2014 Outstanding Employee Award. Here's what her colleagues had to say about her:
- Innovative---provides great ideas to improve efficiency and productivity that not only impacts their department but the entire district.
- Problem solver, knows how to handle emergencies with professionalism. Manages tense and stressful situations with ease and thoughtfulness.
- Great, positive attitude.
- Like an orchestra conductor.
- I dread when this person goes on vacation.
- Flexible, willing to listen, adapts to new methods and guidelines for the benefit of the department and all involved.
- Depth of institutional knowledge, has served our governance organization in a variety of capacities.
- Omnipresent participant in all department needs.
- Takes pride in their work and has a strong commitment to customer service.
- Guides new employees and stays up to date with important training.
- This is someone you can count on.
- Keeps her "all male" department in line!
- People should listen to her sage advice more often!
About the Award
Twice a year, fall and spring semester, MiraCosta College recognizes an extraordinary classified staff member with an Outstanding Employee Award. The recipient receives a $500 check and plaque at a college-wide function. Staff are eligible to receive this award one time only during their employment at MiraCosta College. Nominations for Outstanding Employee are accepted in November and April of each year. The following selection procedures are used to identify the recipient of each semester's award:
- Quality of Work: Assignments completed in a timely manner; finished products show a high degree of professionalism; work shows quality and a commitment to excellence.
- Extra Effort: Participation in activities outside of the job description; flexible and accepting of change.
- Positive Attitude: Works with enthusiasm; willing to accept and give constructive criticism; attitude and appearance reflect positively on the institution.
- Cooperation With Others: Works well with other employees; has outstanding working relationships with students, faculty, staff and friends of the college.
- Professional Growth: Shows a commitment to professional growth and development by attending conferences, participating in workshops, and/or enrolling in job-related courses.
- Outstanding Ideas: Contributes to and enhances the college's programs and services with innovative and outstanding ideas.
Click here to view previous Outstanding Employee Award Recipients
This program is funded through the district.
Spotlight Outstanding Service Award
About the Award
The Spotlight Awards for Outstanding Service, Individual and Team Projects recognize outstanding effort that may affect only a single department or small number of employees or that may have campus-wide impact. Nominations for both types of awards are to be made by self or peers whenever employees feel an employee or project is eligible.
Nominations are considered once each year by the Employee Recognition Committee, consisting of the Senate President, Immediate Past President, and two classified senate members. Up to three awards in each category may be presented each year. Award winners will be featured in a Spotlight column in the MiraCostan. This program is funded through Classified Senate Dues.
1. Spotlight Award for Team Projects
Nominations made by self or peers for jobs well done by a group of two or more employees (teams may include non-classified). Award is a certificate of appreciation and the team’s choice of either catered breakfast or lunch (limit $15 per person) ordered from Premier Food Services and delivered to their work site.
2. Spotlight Award for Outstanding Service
Nominations made by self or by peers for outstanding service by a classified employee to students or fellow employees. Each winner will receive:
- $75 cash card,
- a coupon for one hour of release time, to be pre-arranged with his/her supervisor,
- a certificate of recognition, and
- complimentary enrollment in a MCC Community Services class (up to $75 value)/
Click here to view previous Spotlight Award Recipients
Classified School Employee Week
MiraCosta College, in conjunction with the California Education Code, designates the third week in May to honor the many contributions that classified employees make to the educational community.
The Gold Circle Club
Retired classified employees who meet simple requirements in years of service and age are eligible for membership in the Gold Circle Club in recognition of their years of service. The Gold Circle Club serves as a way to maintain an enduring connection with MiraCosta. Click here to learn more about The Gold Circle Club.