Employee Recognition Programs
- Outstanding Employee Award
- Spotlight Award for Individuals and Team Projects
- Classified School Employee Week
- The Gold Circle Club
Outstanding Employee Award
Carolyn Woods, Programmer Analyst, Academic Information Systems, was named the recipient of the spring 2013 Outstanding Employee award. Carolyn has been a MiraCosta College employee since 1998, and was nominated by her colleagues for her technical and professional abilities, positive attitude, and teamwork orientation. Those who nominated Carolyn repeatedly described her impressive skill set and ability to anticipate future "bugs" in the program. With almost a dozen nominations for the award, there was no shortage of positive remarks about Carolyn and her many years of outstanding service. Congratulations, Carolyn! Richly deserved!
About the Award
Each fall and spring semester, MiraCosta College recognizes an extraordinary classified staff member with an Outstanding Employee Award. The recipient receives a $500 check and plaque at a college-wide function. Staff are eligible to receive this award one time only during their employment at MiraCosta College. Nominations for Outstanding Employee are accepted in November and May of each year. The following selection procedures are used to identify the recipient of each semester's award:
- Quality of Work: Assignments completed in a timely manner; finished products show a high degree of professionalism; work shows quality and a commitment to excellence.
- Extra Effort: Participation in activities outside of the job description; flexible and accepting of change.
- Positive Attitude: Works with enthusiasm; willing to accept and give constructive criticism; attitude and appearance reflect positively on the institution.
- Cooperation With Others: Works well with other employees; has outstanding working relationships with students, faculty, staff and friends of the college.
- Professional Growth: Shows a commitment to professional growth and development by attending conferences, participating in workshops, and/or enrolling in job-related courses.
- Outstanding Ideas: Contributes to and enhances the college's programs and services with innovative and outstanding ideas.
This program is funded through the district.
About the Award
The Spotlight Awards for Outstanding Service, Individual and Team Projects recognize outstanding effort that may affect only a single department or small number of employees or that may have campus-wide impact. Nominations for both types of awards are to be made by self or peers whenever employees feel an employee or project is eligible.
Nominations are considered once each year by the Employee Recognition Committee, consisting of the Senate President, Immediate Past President, and two classified senate members. Up to three awards in each category may be presented each year. Award winners will be featured in a Spotlight column in the MiraCostan. This program is funded through Classified Senate Dues.
1. Spotlight Award for Team Projects
Nominations made by self or peers for jobs well done by a group of two or more employees (teams may include non-classified). Award is a certificate of appreciation and the team’s choice of either catered breakfast or lunch (limit $15 per person) ordered from Premier Food Services and delivered to their work site.
2. Spotlight Award for Outstanding Service
Nominations made by self or by peers for outstanding service by a classified employee to students or fellow employees. Each winner will receive:
- $75 cash card,
- a coupon for one hour of release time, to be pre-arranged with his/her supervisor,
- a certificate of recognition, and
- complimentary enrollment in a MCC Community Services class (up to $75 value)/
MiraCosta College, in conjunction with the California Education Code, designates the third week in May to honor the many contributions that classified employees make to the educational community.
Retired classified employees who meet simple requirements in years of service and age are eligible for membership in the Gold Circle Club in recognition of their years of service. The Gold Circle Club serves as a way to maintain an enduring connection with MiraCosta. Click here to learn more about The Gold Circle Club.