Classified Professional Development
For FY15, approximately $24,000 is available for classified professional development external activities (workshops, seminars, trainings, conferences, etc.).
- Funds may be used towards the total cost of the requested activity.
- All activities must be job enhancement and/or job enrichment specific to be eligible for funding.
- Classified employees* are eligible to receive up to $500 per year for professional development activities.
- Funds will be allocated on a first-come basis until depleted.
*‘Regular (both probationary and permanent) monthly (not temporary/hourly) classified employees’. Those serving as ‘interim’ are also eligible to apply for funds. Classified Administrators are ineligible to request and/or receive funds through this program.
Getting Started - Request Procedures
- Complete the Classified Professional Development Request for Funds form (link below).
- Complete a district Travel Request/Claim Form with ALL expenses and other funding sources to be used listed, if necessary.
- Attach ALL receipts, confirmations and/or registration materials for the activity.
- Obtain ALL required signatures. The request for funds form must be initialed by your Supervisor(s) AND the division Vice President and/or designee must approve and sign the travel request/claim form PRIOR to submission to the Classified Professional Development Committee AND in advance of the activity.
- Return all required documentation to Lori Schneider, Chair @ MS#11A.
Transportation, mileage, and food are acceptable costs if District criteria and guidelines are met. For more information relating to district policies and driver authorization and guidelines, please refer to the Risk Management and Fiscal Services websites.
Requesters will normally receive official notification regarding the status of submitted requests within three (3) business days.
Upon completion of the approved activity, an Evaluation form (link below) is to be submitted.
Not Sure What Types of Activities There Are?
The following companies are just a few of the many who offer job training and/or enhancement opportunities. Training companies include, but are not limited to:
If you have any questions, please contact Lori Schneider at x6637.