Courses and Programs Committee
The Courses and Programs Committee (C&P) is responsible for formulating and recommending to Academic Senate Council policies and procedures related to the programs and courses offered by the district. The Courses and Programs Curriculum Committee (CPCC) acts by means of careful study and open discussion to assure the district’s curriculum has consistent quality, rigor, and compliance with state regulations and standards, as well as with district policies and procedures, including ensuring that course outlines of record include student learning outcomes. Routine curricular matters are recommended to the Academic Senate Council for ratification on its consent calendar and forwarded directly to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
Faculty member appointed by the Academic Senate president. The C&P chair has no term limit.
Full Committee membership consists of thirteen faculty (including the chair, articulation officer, and director of online education), three administrators, two classified staff, one associate faculty, and one student, all of whom are selected by their appropriate constituent group.
The curriculum subcommittee (CPCC) consists of one instructional administrator and thirteen full-time faculty who are selected to represent the following curricular areas:
- Five faculty members who represent general education: one each who teaches in English (ENGL), math (MATH), natural sciences, art and humanities (excluding English), and social and behavioral sciences. (Note: If a faculty member from this group takes an absence during the academic year or if no one volunteers to serve, the substitute faculty member cannot be from a department already represented on the committee.)
- Two faculty members from career and technical education (CTE)
- One faculty member from each of the following: counseling, non-credit, and pre-transfer
- The faculty director of online education
- The articulation officer.
All members appointed to serve three-year terms. There are no term limits for C&P members
Second and fourth Thursdays of each month, 2-4:00 p.m.
Committee Members 2013-2014
- Shafin Ali, GE - Area D
- Rita Barden, CTE
- Gail Baughman, Chair
- Angela Beltran-Aguilar, GE - Area A
- Joanne Benschop, Articulation Officer
- Jim Julius, Director Online Education
- Andrew Layton, CTE
- Melissa Lloyd-Jones
- Gail Meinhold, GE - Area E
- Anthony Ongyod, GE - Area C
- Erika Peters, GE - Area B
- Robbi Rosen, Counselor
- Angela Senigaglia, Noncredit
- Jessica Garza, Associate Faculty
- Pey-Lih H. Littler, Student
- Maria Lopez, Classified
- Dixie Maroney, Classified
- Mary Benard, Administrator
- Carlos Lopez, Administrator
- Al Taccone, Administrator