President's Office DAC
President's Alliance on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PADEI)
The President's Alliance on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PADEI), in consultation with the College President, coordinates college matters which promote and sustain a campus climate that creates and supports respect and diversity among all faculty, staff, administrators, and students throughout the district. MiraCosta College is committed to providing a strong, supportive, and authentic environment where difference is valued, respected, encouraged, and honored; where all faculty, staff, and students experience a sense of belonging and the freedom to express themselves, and where their experiences are recognized and valued. MiraCosta College strives to be a model for equity and inclusion. The alliance is committed to providing opportunities for engagement both across the campus and within the communities the college serves.
Areas of Focus
- Assist in the coordination of various initiatives across campus as they relate to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bridge communication among and across campus entities involved in the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Audit the organization in areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion through assessments and data collection, such as campus climate surveys, campus pride indices, CCSSE (Community College Survey of Student Engagement), etc., and find solutions to address areas of need.
- Develops staff development and training opportunities for faculty, staff, administrators, and students that promote and advance diversity education, awareness, and understanding.
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Open, monthly meetings with quarterly visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for the meeting schedule.
PADEI Chair: Full-time Tenured Faculty Member
FUNCTIONAL MEMBERS (These members are by way of their role/function in their respective positions:
- Dean of Student Equity
- Director of Student Equity
- Diversity and Equity Committee Liaison
- Coordinator of School Relations and Diversity Outreach
- Chair of the Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee
- Academic Senate Liaison
- Classified Senate Liaison
- Associated Student Government Liaison
- Board of Trustees Liaison
These members are by way of their enthusiasm and expertise in the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Full-Time Faculty
- Associate Faculty
- Classified Staff
- Pat Connolly
- Luke Lara
- Sean Davis
- Maria Figueroa Chacon
- Adrean Askerneese
- Steven Deineh
- Manuel Acero
- JP Schumacher
- Jonathan Gomez
- Jim Gonzales
- Lisa Montes
- Al Taccone
- Wendy Stewart
- Sheri Wright
Sustainability Advisory Committee
The President’s Sustainability Advisory Committee (PSAC) advises the college president on matters that promote the development and implementation of environmentally sustainable policies, practices, and systems throughout the district.
MiraCosta Community College District will become a vanguard educational institution committed to innovation and researched best practices, broad access to higher education, and environmental sustainability.
Vision, Goals, and Purposes
PSAC advises the college president in matters pertaining to environmental sustainability, and:
- Management and Organizational Structure
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Operations
- Sustainable Building Practices
- On-site Generation and Renewable Energy
- Transportation, Commuting, and Campus Fleet and Travel
- Water, Wastewater and Sustainable Landscaping
- Solid Waste Reduction and Management
- Green Purchasing
- Student and Curriculum Development
- Campus and Community Outreach and Awareness
- Climate Neutrality
Integrate sustainability into the college environment, culture, and experience, and extend outreach to the communities served by the district.
2014–2017 Action Plan
Develop and implement an educational outreach plan to increase sustainability awareness throughout the district.
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Minimum of quarterly meetings, with annual visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for meeting schedule.
- Tom Macias
- Megan Allison
- Jane Mushinsky
- Myla Stokes Kelly
- Herschel Stern
- Brian Donahue
- Ariana Lewis
- Danny Munoz
- Ralph Pickering
- Trevor Presley
- Kathy Thiele
- Dr. Sunny Cooke
- Katie White
- Jane Sparks
- Isaiah Titus