Routine Path (Full Committee) *
* Note: In order to comply with The Brown Act, choosing this path does not guarantee complete confidentiality.
- Faculty member desiring DEqC’s assistance contacts DEqC chair or committee member and requests placement on next meeting agenda.
- Faculty member then presents/processes issue with DEqC support.
- DEqC separately conducts issue analysis and identifies plan.
- DEqC reconvenes with faculty member OR refers faculty member to Ad Hoc group for more in-depth consultation.
Ad Hoc Path (Group) *
* Note: This path adheres to strict confidentiality. Not subject to Brown Act.
- Faculty member desiring DEqC’s assistance with a more confidential or urgent issue contacts DEqC chair or designee and requests support outside of meeting schedule and/or small group setting.
- Faculty member then presents/processes issue with Ad Hoc group support.
- Ad Hoc group separately conducts issue analysis and identifies plan.
- Ad Hoc group reconvenes with faculty member, presents plan and/or agrees to continue confidential sessions.
- Ad Hoc reports to DEqC adhering to confidential requirement upon conclusion of sessions.
- Demonstrate respect for process and colleagues.
- Prepare to state issues and facts.
- Present using “I” statements.
- Bring ideas for possible solution.