Routing governance issues to governance committee(s) for deliberation and governance
council(s) for the development of recommendations to the superintendent/president.
- A. Determining that issues are related to professional standards or working conditions committee(s) and referring these issues to the president of the appropriate constituency group(s).
- B. Determining that issues are operational and referring operational issues to the appropriate administrator.
- C. Determining that issues are requests for change of committee status or addition of a new governance committee and routing these issues to the Governance Organization (GO) Committee for deliberation at its annual March evaluation meeting.
- D. Determining that issues are academic and professional matters and referring these issues to the Academic Senate.
- E. Receiving monthly reports of governance committee activity and publishing them to all constituency groups in an online newsletter.
- F. Tracking the flow of decision making from Steering Council to governance committee, from governance committee to governance council, and from governance council to the superintendent/president.
- G. Maintaining the currency of the Governance Manual, and ensuring its publication on the governance Web site.
Fifteen members comprised of the Academic Senate Council president and superintendent/ president (co-chairs), three divisional vice presidents, Associated Student Government president, Classified Senate Council president and vice president, Academic Senate Council vice president, and chairs or co-chairs of each of the five governance committees.
Fourth Friday of each month from 2-3:00pm