Languages, Communication, and Humanities
Are you inspired by the use of language and communication to shed light on global issues, struggles, and stories? Would you like to build a world where people connect to each other through language, ideas, and cultural expression?
- The knowledge and skills gained through the Languages, Communication, and Humanities ACP will prepare you for career and transfer opportunities in a broad range of fields, such as teaching, translation and interpretation, journalism, media, entertainment, marketing, public relations, government, international business, international relations, and law.
Careers in Languages, Communication, and Humanities *
- Teachers, professors, and educators.
- Diplomats, Foreign Service officers, lawyers, and historians.
- Language interpreters, translators, and linguists.
- Publishers, journalists, writers, copywriters, and public relations, advertising, and marketing professionals.
*Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Dr. Alfredo A. Martinez-Morales
Alfredo’s “second-chance” was the start of a successful and impressive academic and professional journey. He graduated from high school, completed MiraCosta College’s ESL program and then made the successful transition from the noncredit to the credit program. He then graduated with an associate degree from MiraCosta College, and in 2005, earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Riverside (UCR). Three years later, he received a Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, also at UC Riverside, and in June of 2010, graduated from UCR with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. READ MORE ABOUT ALFREDO.
Programs of Study
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Program of Study||Programs||Sequence|
|Communication||Communication Studies for Transfer||MAP|
|English||English Lit Major Prep||MAP|
|English for Transfer||MAP|
|French||French (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Italian||Italian (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Liberal Arts: Arts & Humanities||Liberal Arts: Arts & Humanities|
|Spanish||Career Spanish for Medical Personnel|
|Spanish for Transfer (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Spanish for Transfer (IGETC)||MAP|
**These maps are suggested sequences for course completion. Please consult a counselor to first complete an educational plan.
Not Sure which major to choose? Explore your options here.