Email Backup on Campus
MiraCosta College's backup solution does not offer the opportunity restore individual email mailboxes.
To ensure that your email can be restored on demand, back up your email account to your H: drive as described below. At the server level, the H: drive is backed up each day and a copy is retained for thirty (30) days. This process can only be completed using PCs on campus only.
- From the Outlook desktop client (not Outlook Web Access), click File, select Import and Export...
- On the Import and Export Wizard panel, select Export to a file. Click Next.
- On the Export to a File panel, select Personal Folder File (.pst). Click Next.
- On the Export Personal Folders panel, scroll towards the top and click once on Mailbox - <your name> to select it (for example: Mailbox - Jetson, George).
- Insert a checkmark in the Include subfolders checkbox. Click Next.
- On the Export Personal Folders panel in the Save exported file as: textfield, type the following: h:\mymailbackup.pst
- Select the option: Replace duplicates with items exported (if not already selected).
- Click Finish. The backup will now begin.
The back-up process may take anywhere from a few moments to over an hour depending upon the size of your mailbox.
Please contact the Employee Technology Help Desk (https://portal.miracosta.edu/) with any questions or issues about this process (email@example.com, 760.795.6850 or, x6850).