Employee Password Reset
Employee passwords expired Wednesday, April 17, 2013 and employees are required to change their passwords in order to access network resources (wired and wireless) including SURF, MiraCosta email, network access, wireless network access, Blackboard (including the faculty Blackboard student account), ILINX, Moodle, sFTP, 25Live,TracDat, PeopleSoft Financials, and Library digital resources.
Passwords for ClockWork, EduStream, SARS-GRID or WebCMS are not affected by this expiration. See section below, Passwords for Other Systems, for more information about changing these passwords.
Instructions for Changing Passwords
Determine your new confidential password
See Password Requirements and Recommendations (section below) and design your new confidential password -- write it down.
Ensure that pop-ups are enabled in the browser. (MAC users: it's recommended to use Firefox or Chrome).
Login to the Self-Service Login: http://pw.miracosta.edu/Staff/nph-psf.exe
Click the link above and a new window will open entitled "Self-service login". Enter your Login ID (your user name, for example: gjetson) into the Login ID for Staff/Faculty Active Directory field and click Log in.
Enter your current (not new) password
Enter your current (NOT new) password. After three failed attempts, the system will become temporarily locked ("You are locked out due to too many invalid login attempts. Contact the help desk."). If locked, wait approximately ten minutes and try again.
At the Main menu, select Change passwords
Enter your new password which you created in Step 1
Exit Self-Service login -- close window
You will be returned to the Self-service login page. To exit, click Logout.
Use your new password
Now, login to your email, SURF, Blackboard, etc. using your new confidential password.
If you have any issues with this process, contact the Employee Technology Help Desk at 760.795.6850 or x6850. You must be at a computer and allow 3-5 minutes to complete this process.
- must have eight characters or more
- must have upper and lower case characters
- must have at least two letters
- must have at least one number
- cannot have more than two pairs of repeating characters
- cannot be your real name or with the letters rearranged
- cannot be your Login ID or with the letters rearranged
- cannot be any of your prior ten passwords
- cannot contain spaces (may use the underscore symbol _ )
- cannot use control characters (e.g., Return, Tab)
- should include at least 16 characters
- be a passphrase rather than a password (write a full sentence for your password); be sure to misspell a word or two!
In accordance to the District's Security Plan, employee passwords are administratively expired twice each year, once during each Spring and Fall semesters.
Please contact the Employee Technology Help Desk (https://portal.miracosta.edu/) with any questions or issues about the employee password reset process (firstname.lastname@example.org, 760.795.6850 or x6850).
Passwords for Other Systems
The following passwords are NOT synchronized with your SURF/Email/Windows/Blackboard accounts and must be changed separately from the above password process:
- Go to EduStream: https://www.edustream.org
- Click on Member Login.
- Click on Edit My Account.
- Click on Change Password tab.
Contact Karen Korstad (email@example.com, 760 795-6787 or x6787) with any questions and/or issues about EduStream.
- Launch SARS-GRID.
- Enter the username -- do NOT enter your password. Instead, type change and press Enter.
- You will then be prompted to change your password.
Contact Yesenia Balcazar (firstname.lastname@example.org, 760 757-2121, x6340) with any questions and/or issues about SARS-GRID.
- Login to WebCMS (https://webcms.miracosta.edu/admin/login.asp)
- Click Profile.
- Change password.
- Click Update Profile.
Contact Gwen Partlow (email@example.com, 760 795-6813 or x6813) with any questions and/or issues about WebCMS.