The Teaching / Technology Innovation Center
Welcome to the Teaching / Technology Innovation Center at MiraCosta College. We are located in the Library Information HUB on the Oceanside campus, room 1253 A & B.
Fall 2014 Semester
The workshop archives for the online Blackboard workshops are available now. [Workshop Archives]
The following are newer tutorials and features that are available now on Blackboard.
- Test Availability Exceptions & Feedback Options: Set up exceptions to test availability settings for a student or groups of students – great for DSPS accommodations. New test feedback options automate the process of releasing feedback when you want students to have it, including once a test is no longer available or after grading is complete. Website on all new Bb test features | Video (5:49) on new test features | PDF on test availability exceptions
- Test Access Log: View a detailed list of every interaction that students engage in when taking a test. Video (4:22) | Website
- Date Management: Easily adjust course activity dates after a course copy. Video (3:46) | Website
- Groups Management: More easily manage student group membership and grading. Avatars also are visible in groups now. Video (2:45) | Website
- Achievements: A brand new feature providing a way to recognize student achievements through badges. Video (2:24) | Website
- New Content Editor -handles copied-in HTML code much more effectively The new editor also better handles copy-and-paste from Microsoft Word, makes it even easier to add/link to multimedia content, and more!
(video (3:59) | PDF comparing old and new editors)
Video everywhere: add quick webcam recordings or existing YouTube videos easily
(video (4:33) | PDF)
Inline assignment grading: enabling you to view, mark up, and grade student work without downloading and reuploading files
| video (8:51)
Retention Center: A "retention center" making it easy to identify and contact students needing your support (video (4:30) | website)
Calendar: A completely redesigned calendar
(video (1:24) | video (3:12) | website)
Global Navigation Menu: A new global navigation menu and "my Blackboard" consolidating info from all courses into one place and enabling easy course-to-course navigation anytime
(video (3:40) | website)
"Contains" and pattern-matching capability for fill-in-the-blank test/quiz questions (video (3:16) - covers "contains" but not patterns | website explains pattern-matching)
Item Analysis Item analysis tools to examine the effectiveness of your test questions (video (5:00) | website)
TIC 1253 B Room Scheduling
The main area of the TIC is drop in; however the space located in HUB 1253 B can be reserved for audio/video recording, meetings, and events. The room can hold about 15 people comfortably. If you are interested in reserving time in the TIC, review the calendar and then log in to R25 to book the space. For more information contact Karen Korstad at firstname.lastname@example.org .
MiraCosta College Technology Resources
MiraCosta College has numerous online teaching tools available to faculty. Blackboard, CCC Confer, 3C Media, Respondus, Turnitin.com, and Grademark are just a few. See more information about campus teaching technologies: