Read & Write Gold for the PC and Mac:
Read & Write GOLD is the award-winning literacy software solution that allows struggling students to access any curriculum and complete reading, writing, and research assignments as well as take tests independently.
This customizable easy to use toolbar seamlessly integrates with familiar applications including Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer, and Adobe Reader, allowing students to access the support tools they need from within mainstream software programs. It highlights and reads text aloud using natural sounding voices and also includes a comprehensive set of support tools for reading, writing, studying, research, and test taking.
Ways to Access Read & Write Gold:
- Available on most lab computers at MiraCosta College. Find the icon on the desktop and double click to launch it.
- With a valid MiraCosta log-in, you may also download a home version of the software for the Windows or the Mac.
This program is yours to keep and is free to all MiraCosta staff, faculty and students.
- Download Read and Write Gold for Windows
- Download Read and Write Gold for the Mac
- Instructions for Download (PDF)
- Once downloaded, right click on the zipped folder to unzip it.
- Once unzipped, find the icon, double click.
- An authorization screen will open the first time. While connected to the Internet, click on the Authorization button. The authorization code should fill in automatically. And the Toolbar will launch.
- To learn how to use Read and Write Gold, watch the videos that come with the program or visit the TextHELP tutorials online.
- You may also contact Robert Erichsen, Access Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.