Respondus is a Windows application that enhances the functionality and usability of Blackboard's exam and survey tools. MiraCosta College has a campus-wide license for the Respondus software. Our campus-wide license allows installation of the software on any on campus computer. Faculty may also install the Respondus software on a personal computer.
For installation on a personal computer, you will need your SURF Login & Password to download Respondus.
Tutorials / Demo Movies
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus
Learn how to create and format questions with Respondus, including how to add images and equations
- Publishing an Assessment to a Blackboard
See how to publish an assessment directly to your course management system using Respondus. MiraCosta College is running Blackboard Version 8.
- Exporting an Exam from Blackboard to MS-Word with Respondus
Learn how connect to the MCC Blackboard via Respondus and download your exam, and then export it to Microsoft Word.
- Importing Questions with Respondus
This movie shows how to import questions from a word processor document - Microsoft Word.
Properly Formatted Example Files to Import into Respondus
(Microsoft Word 2007 Format)
Example Files for Download
- Multiple Choice - with Answers at the End
- Multiple Choice - with Answers at the End and Feedback
- Multiple Choice - with Answers at the End and a Title
- True False - with Answers at the End
- True False - with Answer at the End and Feedback
- True False - with Answer at End and Images
- Essay - with an Embedded Answer to assist with Grading
- Multiple Answer - with Answers at the End
- Downloading Publisher Test Banks
The leading textbooks in higher education have test banks available in Respondus format. Learn how to request and download a test bank.