The Business Administration program (BUS) offers theoretical and practical courses for students planning to transfer as business majors, career and technical courses leading to certificates of competence and achievement, as well as courses to improve workplace skills. Business Administration, along with Accounting and Real Estate, comprise the MiraCosta College Business Department.
Career opportunities in business include accounting, marketing, finance, small business development, and management positions in retail, service, manufacturing, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Join Our Email List:
Business Administration Links
- ACCT/BUS Brochure / BUS Course Outlines / ACCT/BUS Certificate Matrix / WAFC (Retail Mgmt) / Accounting/Business Club / BUS Advisory Board / BUS Faculty Photos
- Business Administration Instructor QUICK LINKS: Burns, Chamberlain, Clarke, Cole, Cozad, Darlington, Drasco, Green, Horner, Kalescky, Milstein, Mohareri, Molina, Neumann, Sharp, Smith, Soza, Thomas, Wadeson
- ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: 1) Teaching a course, online or on-campus; 2) Volunteering to be a guest speaker for a course; 3) Offering a field trip at your business; 4) Hiring a student intern (paid or unpaid); 5) Volunteering to be a business plan judge; or 6) Becoming an Advisory Board member for either the ACCT/BUS or REAL programs. If so, submit our interest form.
- MiraCosta QUICK LINKS: A-Z Index, Academic Calendar, Apply/Enroll, Campus Maps, Course Outlines, Financial Aid, Foundation, Library, PIO, Schedules/Catalogs, Scholarships
- Make a Tax-Deductible Charitable Donation to the Business Dept (ACCT, BUS, and REAL) Choose "Business Program" in the "Designation" drop-down menu.
- A.A. in Business Administration
- A.A. in Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, or Retail Management (Certificate of Achievement requirements plus Plan A GE courses)
- Certificates of Achievement (18+ units): Entrepreneurship; Management; Marketing; Retail Management, Social Media for Business
- Certificates of Proficiency (<18 units): Business Fundamentals; Entrepreneurship Fundamentals; Retail Assistant
MiraCosta Certificates with Business Administration Requirements
- Certificates of Achievement: Accounting; Bookkeeping; Pilates Instructor; Business of Music; Real Estate Entrepreneurship
- Certificates of Proficiency: Billing, Cost & Accounting Assistant; Income Tax Preparer
M/S 21, 4800 Bldg
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056-3899
Department Chair: Michael Deschamps
Office: Oceanside, Room 4810
P 760.757.2121 x6488
Dean: Al Taccone
Office: Oceanside, Room 4819
Secretary: Monique Reeve
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. with variable lunch
Office: Oceanside, Room 4813
P 760.757.2121 x6190
Office: Oceanside, Room 4820
P 760.757.2121 x2394
Office: Oceanside, Room 4810
P 760.757.2121 x6399
Email | Website