Career Exploration Resources
Password Protected Sites
The Career Center offers programs to help you explore majors and careers. Please call 760.795.6772 or stop by Bldg.4700 on the Oceanside campus to get your password.
- Career Cruising
- "Career Matchmaker" assessment will clsrify your interests and connect them to related occupations. "My Skills" assessment matches your skills to careers.
- The "Careers" link is a database of hundreds of occupatins that include job descriptions, working conditions, education, earning, and job outlook. Each description also includes interviews with two professionals working in the field.
- EUREKA Career Information System
- Identify your skills and personality characteristics
- Research occupations and plan your career
- Find schools and training you need
- Find out how to find Financial Aid
- Learn valuable Job Search information
- Vocational Biographies
- With this program, you can career-shadow up to 1,001 persons from across America.
- No Password needed for campus use. Off campus access is with SURF id and Password.
Non-Password Protected Sites
- What can I do with this Major?
- The San Diego Work Portal is a project of the San Diego Workforce Partnership. It includes valuable labor market information for job seekers including local employment statistics and projections by industry.
- Employment Development Department Occupational Guides: Summary guides of occupations that include job descriptions, job outlook and wages, and qualification requirements.
- Employment Development Department Labor Market Info: The site also includes a self-assessment thar identifies your interests and skills and includes links to other valuable information on conducting a job search and job trends.
Informational Interviews are a great way to gain inside information about a particular occupation. Make an appointment with a career counselor to learn more about this method of job exploration or view this site:
- Why Conduct an Informational Interview
- Information Interviewing Tutorial
- Questions to Ask During an Informational Interview
- Intro to Career Planning- CRLP 101 (1 unit, P/NP)
- College & Career Success- COUN 100 (3 units, CSU & UC Transferable, meets CSU/Area E Requiremnts)
Videos on this Topic