Find a Job

Find an On-Campus Job

To access on-campus job openings, create your JAIN account here!

There are two different types of student employee positions on campus, district paid jobs, and jobs paid through work study. District paid jobs = department hiring student pays for student’s wages through MiraCosta’s district budget. Jobs paid through work study = student’s wages are paid through Financial Aid (Federal Work Study) or CalWORKs in EOPS. All student employees are paid $10.50 per hour. If your position is paid through work study you must be enrolled in at least 6 units. If you are applying for a district paid position, you must be enrolled in 12 units, OR enrolled in at least 1 unit of work experience or internship studies.

For additional information on qualifying for Federal Work Study or CalWORKs work study, please visit the Financial Aid website or the CalWORKs website.

All MiraCosta College student workers should become familiar with the Student Worker Manual (PDF). This manual was developed to aid you, the student, in understanding the policies and procedures associated with working at MiraCosta College.

Find an Off-Campus Job

To access off-campus job openings, create your JAIN account here!

We offer job search support through our free workshops on researching and identifying employment opportunities, preparing professional resumes and cover letters, and interviewing techniques. We also offer access to a number of web-based employment sites, and a variety of electronic resources in our career lab. No appointment is necessary to use the lab; however, if you'd like to attend a workshop or make an appointment with a staff member, call 760.795.6772.

Employment Sites

Employment Search Engines

Industry-Specific and Specialty Sites

State Jobs and Federal Jobs

Videos on this Topic