College for Kids / Youth Academy
Check back in March for 2014 Summer Schedule
For students entering 1st – 7th grade in Fall 2013. Different classes every week.
Morning classes run from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Afternoon classes run from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Sign up for one or multiple sessions!
- To see pictures from last year, click HERE
Summer 2013 Dates
- Session #1: June 24 - 28, 2013 San Elijo Campus
- Session #2: July 1 - 5, 2013 San Elijo Campus (no class July 4)
- Session #3 July 8- 12, 2013 San Elijo Campus
- Session #4: July 15- 19, 2013 Oceanside Campus
- Session #5: July 22-26, 2013 Oceanside Campus
- Session #6 July 29- August 2, 2013 Oceanside Campus
New Soccer Camp -Click here for details!
Extended Child Care Times
- 7:30 am - 9:00 am $15 per week
- 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm $15 per week
- $25 per week for AM & PM
We know that 8th to 11th grade students are often looking for something interesting to do during the summer. It is for this reason that MiraCosta College has created a highly interactive, challenging, yet fun place for teens to come and learn. We have carefully crafted the types of activities that engage student's minds and imagination while introducing them to a taste of college life. Our Youth Academy is taught by excellent instructors who are passionate about their topic and look forward to spending a week or two sharing their enthusiasm with young adults. Try a few of the classes to experience the rich variety of offerings. Click here for a list of 2013 Youth Academy classes.
For students entering 8th – 11th grade in Fall 2013. Different classes every week.
Morning classes run from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Afternoon classes run from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Sign up for one or multiple sessions.
MiraCosta Surf School
June 24–August 1, 2013
Monday-Thursday (Each session is 4 days), 9:00a.m.-12:00p.m.
No class on July 4th—make up class will be on Friday, July 5.
Ages 8 and up
Location: Oceanside Harbor, 1200 N. Pacific St. (near lifeguard
tower 12, parking lot #10)
Aloha! Surf’s up at MiraCosta Surf School. Come discover all the skills and techniques necessary to “ride the waves” and experience the exhilaration and thrill of this great sport. At MiraCosta Surf School you will learn water safety, surfing etiquette, and a brief introduction to the history and culture of surfing. Next it’s time to jump in and master paddling skills, standing up, dropping in, and interpreting the waves. Our surf school offers excellent supervision and instruction with very small class sizes to maximize your learning experience (2-6 surfers per session). We willl provide the surfboards or you can bring your own. Wetsuit or rash guards are recommended. Students can attend both morning and afternoon sessions each week. Lunch time supervision is available for students who attend both morning and afternoon sessions.
Fee: $189 per session
Military Discount $169 per session
$20 discount for siblings
New 1 Day Option: $65 per session - NO refunds.
In order to ensure the overall quality and integrity of the program, College for Kids has a limited number of enrollment spaces and all registrations will be processed in order of receipt.
Call MiraCosta College Community Services at 760.795.6820.
Visit the Community Services and Business Development Office on the main Oceanside campus (Administration Building, #1000).
Go to http://miracosta.augusoft.net. NOTE: If you are enrolling multiple children into College for Kids, you qualify for the Multiple Child Discount of 10% (applies to enrollment fees only).
Please call 760-795-6820 or stop in to register.
- Course fees include all instruction and some material costs except where noted.
- Payment must accompany registration. No exceptions!
- Payment may be made by check, money order, credit card, or cash (if you register in person). We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Withdrawal from a College For Kids class must be done at least seven days prior to the start of the class.
- Tuition payment will be refunded, less a $25 processing fee, if withdrawal is done seven or more days prior to the start of the class.
- There are NO refunds once the class has started.
- $10 transfer fee is applied for any class transfer
- Entertainment Design has a special cancellation policy stated in our brochure
All College for Kids programs are self-supporting and must meet minimum enrollment requirements. The College reserves the right to cancel any classes that do not meet these minimums. If the class you request is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, OR if a session is full at the time your registration is received, you will be notified by telephone and refunded in full.
Upon receipt of your child's registration form, his/her registration will be confirmed and you will be emailed a packet of general information including required forms to be completed and returned before the start of the program, directions to the pick-up and drop-off site; and other information or special instructions pertaining to the class. Parents are responsible for providing snacks and water for their child. For those attending all day, a sack lunch is required.
Supervised Lunch Service
Students attending all day or both morning and afternoon sessions may stay on campus for supervised lunch between classes. Students must bring a sack lunch. There are no options to purchase food on campus. No additional fees apply for this lunchtime supervision for students registering for a full day of classes.
Students and their parents or guardians are responsible for all transportation arrangements to and from class, and for picking up children on time. Supervision will be provided for student ONLY 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after class. If you arrive too early or are late picking up your child(ren), he/she WILL be taken to our extended care program and you will be charged applicable fees. Children who are late to class must check in at the main tent, then be taken by the parent/guardian to their class.
- We encourage you to include your child in their class selection process.
- Early registration is highly recommended as most classes are limited to 20 children on a first come, first served basis.
- Parents are responsible for providing snacks and water for their child. For those attending all day, a sack lunch is required. There will be no access to the cafeteria or vending machines on campus.
- You may enroll in any combination of one-week sessions, or combination of classes.
- Registering is easy! Use our online registration system with your payment.
OR call us at 760.795.6820 or come into our office at the Oceanside Campus, Room 1036.