College for Kids / Youth Academy
Online registration starts now!
- Summer 2017 Brochure - Click here to see full descriptions of all classes.
Camps are all three hours long and cost between $100–$170 including material fees. (Exception is PSAT at $179 four-hour class per day Monday–Friday)
For students 6–17 years old. Different classes every week. Instructor and camp counselor in every class! Class size is 20-25 students. Morning classes run from 9 AM–12 PM and afternoon classes run from 1– 4 PM. Sign up for one or multiple sessions! Free lunch supervision and games for students who attend morning and afternoon classes. Before and after care available from 7:30–9 AM and 4–5:30 PM for a small additional fee per week!
To see pictures from last year, click HERE
Summer 2017- Session Dates and Locations
- June 26–June 30 - San Elijo Campus Cardiff
- July 3–7 - San Elijo Campus Cardiff (no class on Tuesday, July 4)
- July 10–14 - El Camino High School Oceanside
- July 17–21 - El Camino High School Oceanside
- July 24–28 - El Camino High School Oceanside
Soccer Camp- Click here for details!
Extended Care Options:
- 7:30-9 AM: $15 per week per student
- 4–5:30 PM: $15 per week per student
- 7:30-9 AM & 4-5:30 PM: $25 per week per student
We know that students aged 12–17 are often looking for something interesting to do during the summer. It is for this reason that MiraCosta College has created a highly interactive, challenging, yet fun place for teens to come and learn. We have carefully crafted the types of activities that engage student's minds and imagination while introducing them to a taste of college life. Our Youth Academy is taught by excellent instructors who are passionate about their topic and look forward to spending a week or two sharing their enthusiasm with young adults. Try a few of the classes to experience the rich variety of offerings.
For students 12–17. Different classes every week.
Morning classes run from 9 AM–12 PM. Afternoon classes run from 1– 4 PM. Sign up for one or multiple sessions.
In order to ensure the overall quality and integrity of the program, College for Kids has a limited number of enrollment spaces and all registrations will be processed in order of receipt.
By Phone-call MiraCosta College Community Education at 760.795.6820
In Person-at 2075 Las Palmas, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Online-click "Register for Classes" button below
NOTE: If you are enrolling siblings or children living in the same housefhold into College for Kids, you qualify for the sibling discount of 10% off each additional child (applies to class fees only, exclusdes material fees) into College for Kids, You will need to call our office at 760.795.6820 or stop in to register to receive the sibling discount.
- Course fees include all instruction and materials fees where noted.
- Payment must accompany registration. No exceptions!
- Payment may be made by check, money order, credit card, or cash (if you register in person). We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy
- Withdrawal from a College For Kids class must be done at least seven days prior to the start of the class.
- Tuition payment will be refunded, less a $25 processing fee, if withdrawal is done seven or more days prior to the start of the class.
- There are NO refunds once the class has started.
- Transfers will be approved up to seven days prior to the start of class predicated on class availability. Transfers are not allowed once a class has started.
All College for Kids programs are self-supporting and must meet minimum enrollment requirements. The College reserves the right to cancel any classes that do not meet these minimums. If the class you request is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, OR if a session is full at the time your registration is received, you will be notified by telephone and refunded in full.
You will be emailed a packet of general information before the start of your child's first camp which includes a release form that must be completed and returned to our office before before the start of the program, maps of the San Elijo and El Camino High School campuses with pick-up and drop-off locations marked, and parent information pertaining to the College for Kids program. Parents are responsible for providing snacks and water for their child. For those attending all day, a sack lunch and water is required.
Supervised Lunch Service
Students attending both morning and afternoon sessions will stay on campus for a supervised lunch break between classes. Students must bring a sack lunch and water. There are no options to purchase food on campus. No additional fees apply for this lunchtime supervised lunch session. Students will be escorted to their afternoon classes by camp counselors.
Students and their parents or guardians are responsible for all transportation arrangements to and from classes, and for picking up children on time. Supervision will be provided for student ONLY 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after class. If you arrive too early or are late picking up your child(ren), he/she WILL be taken to our extended care program and you will be charged applicable fees. Children who are late to class must check in at the main tent, then be taken by the parent/guardian to their class.
- We encourage you to include your child in their class selection process.
- Early registration is highly recommended as most classes are limited to 20 children on a first come, first served basis.
- Parents are responsible for providing snacks and water for their child. For those attending all day, a sack lunch is required. There is no access to the cafeteria or vending machines on campus.
- You may enroll in any combination of one-week sessions, or combination of classes.
- Registering is easy! Use our online registration system at http://miracosta.augusoft.net OR call us at 760.795.6820 or come into our office at 2075 La Palmas, Carlsbad, CA 92011