Beautiful Autumn Colors: Huntington Library and Gardens
Saturday, September 29, 2018
The fall season is a beautiful time to visit Huntington Gardens as the autumn leaf colors start to take effect. We will enjoy remarkable art and the magnificence of nature. The Huntington grounds encompass 207 acres in the San Gabriel Valley amid a diverse botanical collection of rare plants, shrubs and mature trees in an ever-changing riot of color. The Library contains rare books and manuscripts. Included in the collection is the Ellesmere manuscript of Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales (c.1410) and a Gutenberg Bible (c.1455). The Huntington art collections focus on European art from the 15th to the early 20th century and American art from the late 17th to the mid-20th century. We will have plenty of time to explore the gallery, experience the serenity of the Chinese garden, iconic Japanese garden and the largest outdoor magnificent desert garden.
Fee: Book Early for $79. For booking made after 9/6, fee will increase to $90.
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: 8 AM. Return: approx 6:30 PM.
- Includes transportation and admission fee
- Wear very comfortable walking shoes and dress casually in layers of clothing or bring a jacket for cool weather
- Sunscreen and/or hat is recommended
- Audio tours for the galleries are available on the Huntington's free audio guide app
- Reservations with the Huntington is recommended if you would like to dine at the Rose Garden Tea Room
Excursion Rules & Regulations
- Refunds will be granted no later than five business days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
- The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside, Parking Lot 1A.
- Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
- MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
- Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
- No smoking is permitted on the bus.