Big Bear Oktoberfest for Adults
Sunday, October 28, 2018
Join us for a festive day of the best German celebrations this side of Munich. Explore the charming mountain community nestled high in the San Bernardino mountains. Oktoberfest began in southern Germany in 1810, and eventually came to Big Bear in 1969. It has become a tradition here and the Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest has grown to be one of the largest and most authentic on the West Coast. From log sawing to game booths and petting zoos, there’s a wide variety of activities for people of all ages. Listen to live German music, partake in authentic German cuisine and savor the beer. We will delight in the beautiful fall colors and brisk temperatures. There will be lots of food and drink options available for purchase.
Fee: Book Early for $89. For booking made after 10/4, fee will increase to $110. Limited space.
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: 8:45 AM. Return: approx 7:30 PM.
- Includes transportation, a full German meal including dessert, a beer, wine or beverage of choice and entrance fee to the event
- Wear very comfortable walking shoes and dress casually in layers of clothing for cool to warm weather
- Sunscreen and/or hat is recommended
Excursion Rules & Regulations
- Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
- The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, Parking Lot 1A. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus. Parking permit may be purchased from machine in Parking Lot 1-A. Day parking fee is $1.
- Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
- MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
- Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
- No smoking is permitted on the bus.