L.A. Fashion/Jewelry District & Farmer's Market Shopping
Saturday, October 7
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be chauffeured around L.A. spending the day shopping at all the best places with the best bargains? Well, now is your chance to enjoy a full day of “shop till you drop” while our luxury bus takes you everywhere. We will start our day (1-1/2 hours) at the Jewelry District where you can find some of the best deals on gold and diamonds in the world. Located a few miles away is the L.A. Fashion District (3 hours), where you can find the latest trends at 30-70% off the retail price. There are over 1,000 stores, from flowers to textiles, to apparel and accessories. You can also find amazing and inexpensive lunch foods at almost every corner to sustain you through the rest of the day. Because the Fashion District has so many areas, we will provide you with a detailed map so you can find your way to the exact shops you wish to visit.
Our last stop of the day will be at the L.A. Farmer’s Market. This farmer’s market is more like an international gourmet bazaar with lots of fun boutiques thrown in. So put your feet up and let us do the driving all the way home!
Fee: Book Early for $69. For booking made after 9/23, fee will increase to $89.
Guide: Linda Kurokawa (staff)
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: 8 AM. Return: approx 7 PM.
• Wear very comfortable walking shoes and bring a collapsible rolling cart that can lie flat.
• Quarters are needed for the bathrooms.
• Bring cash for the best deals and your holiday shopping list.
• Sunscreen and/or hat is recommended.
• There will be a no-host lunch.
Excursion Rules & Regulations:
• Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
• The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, Parking Lot 1A. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus. Parking permit may be purchased from machine in Parking Lot 1-A. Day parking fee is $1.
• Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
• MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
• Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
• Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
• No smoking is permitted on the bus.