Visit the Ancient World of Greece and Rome: Getty Villa
Saturday, August 18, 2018
A re-creation of a Roman country house, the Getty Villa offers a taste of life in the first century A.D. The Villa‘s tranquil gardens with fountains, arbors, and reflecting ponds feature designs inspired by ancient Roman models and plant species from the ancient Mediterranean. The gallery is scheduled to open newly constructed space with new displays of objects that have not been on recent view. The new display will also give visitors a different perspective on the art of antiquity. The collection and changing exhibitions at the Getty Villa offer 7,000 years of ancient art, from the end of the Stone Age to the fall of the Roman Empire.
We recommend that you bring a snack to eat on the bus. Plan on eating lunch at the Villa, or you may bring your own lunch to eat at the site.
Fee: Book Early for $65. For booking made after 7/28, fee will increase to $75.
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: 8 AM. Return: approx 6:30 PM.
- Includes transportation and admission to the Villa
- We recommend that you bring a snack to eat on the bus. No-host lunch at the Villa (serves casual Mediterranean fare), or you may bring your own lunch to eat at the site
- Wear very comfortable walking shoes. Sunscreen and/or hat is recommended
Excursion Rules & Regulations
- Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
- The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, Parking Lot 1A. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus. Parking permit may be purchased from machine in Parking Lot 1-A. Day parking fee is $1.
- Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
- MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
- Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
- No smoking is permitted on the bus.