Sharks, Penguins and Puffins, Oh My! Visit Aquarium of the Pacific
Also Includes: Pacific Islander Festival
Sunday, June 4
Have you ever wanted to pet a shark or be serenaded by the eerie song of a giant whale? Then join us as we travel to Long Beach, California to the fascinating and beautiful Aquarium of the Pacific! Explore this marine wonderland where you can visit sharks, penguins, puffins and more! You will stand under a life-sized blue whale in the Great Hall of the Pacific, then gaze at leopard sharks swimming in the Blue Cavern Habitat. The Aquarium is home to over 150 sharks, including sand and tiger sharks! This day will also include Pacific Islander Festival where you will discover the rich and diverse cultures of the Pacific Islands through traditional craft demonstrations, educational programs, and live entertainment, including music and dance performances. This fourteenth annual festival will feature various cultures, including Hawaiian, Marshallese, Tahitian, Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, Kiribati, and Maori.
There is certainly something to interest folks of any age! You may also spend some time at the Pike Outlets (less than a mile walk away from the aquarium) or take a walk by the harbor afterwards. There will be no-host lunch. Food is available at the Aquarium of the Pacific or the Pike Outlets Center.
Fee: Book early for $79. For booking made after 5/20, fee will increase to $89 (includes entrance fee to Aquarium of the Pacific)
Guides: Sharon Gaitan (staff)
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: 8 AM. Return: approx 5 PM.
• Wear very comfortable walking shoes.
• Dress casually and in layers of clothing or bring a jacket for cool and/or warm weather.
• Sunscreen and/or hat is recommended if you go on a walk outside the aquarium.
Excursion Rules & Regulations:
• Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
• The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, Parking Lot 1A. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus. Parking permit may be purchased from machine in Parking Lot 1-A. Day parking fee is $1.
• Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
• MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
• Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
• Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
• No smoking is permitted on the bus.