Pageant of the Masters
Thursday, August 24
Where Art Comes to Life! History is filled with stories of how people travelled the world over, often risking their lives, just to gaze upon the famous masterpieces of their time. The 2017 Pageant of the Masters embarks on a journey through Europe, and the world, as they present this summer’s show, “The Grand Tour.” Travel through the centuries and experience an extraordinary trip through time to see the world’s most inspirational works of art through dance, music, stories, and illusion! Hold on to your seats as “The Grand Tour” pulls back the curtain to reveal the marvelous masterpieces of antiquity personified!
Viewing will be excellent from loge-left section seating. The day will include time to browse through the Laguna Festival of the Arts grounds and the Sawdust Festival, or Art-a-Fair, offering a variety of paintings, creative arts, beautiful jewelry, and fine crafts. The pageant is presented at 8:30 PM in an outdoor amphitheater under the stars, so warm clothing is recommended. Enjoy dinner on your own in beautiful downtown Laguna Beach (within walking distance) or dine at the restaurant on the festival grounds.
Fee: Book early for $149. For booking made after 7/31, fee will increase to $169 (includes transportation and loge left seating ticket at Pageant of the Masters)
Guides: Lori Cargile (staff)
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: 2 PM. Return: approx 12 AM.
Note: We recommend you wear VERY comfortable walking shoes and bring a jacket.
Excursion Rules & Regulations:
• Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
• The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, Parking Lot 1A. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus. Parking permit may be purchased from machine in Parking Lot 1-A. Day parking fee is $1.
• Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
• MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
• Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
• Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
• No smoking is permitted on the bus.