Community Services & Business Development
Welcome to MiraCosta College Community Services and Business Development! It is our pleasure to serve the North County Coastal community by offering classes and programs that provide you and your family with opportunities to learn, grow and develop. Community Service classes are available to anyone who registers online or with our office. You do NOT need to be a credit student. There is NO application process. Classes offered through Community Services are not funded with tax dollars. Your enrollment fees keep this valuable program going. Thank you.
Click on the links below to get additional information:
- Our Programs
- Calendar of Classes & Events
- View our Classes & Programs (PDF)
- Mission Statement
- Contact Us
- Parking Information
- Online Class Evaluations
- Certificates of Accomplishment
- Gift of Education
- I Want to Teach...
- Business Development
Your resource to provide training at your place, our place, or online. Our expert trainers can provide your company with skills that improve performance and transform lives.
- Job Training Programs
Offering a wide selection of certificated programs for job training. Many of these programs are funded for Vets, active duty military, military spouses, or unemployed.
- College for Kids/Youth Academy
Our annual summer experience for students going into 1st-10th grade. We have an exciting variety of classes, exceptional instructors, and curriculum that is challenging, engaging and fun.
- Community Services Classes
Providing our community a wide variety of affordable, not-for-credit classes, workshops, and excursions for your personal and professional growth and enrichment.
- Driver Education/Behind the Wheel Training
We offer both classroom driver education and behind the wheel driver training. We also offer online driver education, and adult driver trainingl.
- English Language Institute
An intensive program offering international students the opportunity to increase their English language proficiency and develop the skills needed for success.
We provide both local excursions and trips around the country and world. Plan an exotic trip to places around the globe with MiraCosta College Community Services Travel Club.
- By Phone:
Call MiraCosta College Community Services at 760.795.6820
- By Fax:
Complete a registration form and fax to: 760.795.6826
- By Mail:
Complete a registration form and mail to:
MiraCosta College Community Services
1 Barnard Drive, M/S 4
Oceanside, CA 92056
- In Person: Visit the Community Services and Business Development on the main Oceanside campus (Administration Building, #1036)
- Online: Go to http://miracosta.augusoft.net.
The mission of MiraCosta College Community Services is to provide affordable, not-for-credit continuing education to residents of our district who are interested in either personal or professional enrichment.
Office Contact Information:
Things You Should Know
- Parking permits are required Monday–Friday at Oceanside, Community Learning Center (CLC), North San Diego Small Business Development Center, and San Elijo campuses. Permits are free to Community Services registrants (please note that students enrolling into Commercial Music Ensemble, Guitar Ensemble, MiraCosta College Chorale, Contemporary Big Band, or College-Community Symphonic Orchestra must purchase a parking pass at Student Accounts, or a daily parking pass outside of Campus Police). Parking permits are not required on weekends. Park in any lot marked STUDENT.
- On the Oceanside Campus, please go to the Community Services & Business Development office (Bldg. 1000) to obtain a parking permit. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday.
- On the San Elijo Campus, please go to the Administration Building to obtain a parking permit. Hours: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Thursday. 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday. 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Saturday.
- At the Community Learning Center and the North San Diego Small Business Development Center, pick up your permit at the Campus Police Office located inside the main entrance of the CLC. Hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday–Friday.
Have you taken a class or workshop with us? We want to hear about your experience. Thank you for taking the time to help us evaluate and improve our programs. Please note that we may share your comments (anonymously) with the instructor or use as part of our marketing efforts.
Need to show the world that you took one of our excellent courses, workshops or programs? A certificate of Accomplishment is available upon completion of any Community Services course or series of courses, for just $15 per certificate. Call 760.795.6820 for details.
MiraCosta Community Services classes, trips and programs make GREAT gifts for the hard-to-shop-for friend and/or loved one. Call us today to get your gift certificate for a special class or let them choose their own.
If you have an idea for a Community Services class or would like to teach new offerings for our SUMMER 2013 semester, click HERE for the application. Please make sure you download the COVER SHEET and read it thoroughly to make sure you are eligible to teach for our department. We are excited to hear your ideas!