How it Works
We offer our classes in TERMS, as follows:
|August to December
||January to May
||June & July
We also offer a variety of classes in the DAY and EVENING:
|Most DAY classes meet four times per week:
Monday - Thursday
Most DAY classes fit into 4 periods with START times as follows: (End times vary based on academic holidays)
|All EVENING classes meet two times per week: Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday
All EVENING classes START at 6:00pm (End times vary based on academic holidays)
Summer EVENING classes meet three times per week.
||Mondays & Wednesdays
||Tuesdays & Thursdays
- All classes in this program meet at the Community Learning Center.
- Day classes meet each day, Monday through Thursday, for 100 minutes per class.
- Evening classes meet two nights per week for 3 hours per class.
- Students are also responsible for completing the same number of homework hours.
- Regular attendance is mandatory.
- Most classes are held in traditional classrooms, however some classes do feature both instructional time (in the classroom) and lab time (in a computer classroom).
- Some classes are held exclusively in the lab and qualified teachers and aides are available to assist students with questions about their course work.
- Students can take any class that meets their needs: day, evening, or both.
- Students may take one course at a time, or up to 5 courses during the day and 2 courses during the night.
- After initial assessment and orientation, students meet with a counselor to select and enroll in classes.
- Students may enroll in classes each term, or they may take breaks as needed, but after any lapse in enrollment, students should seek counseling.
- New students will see a counselor during the initial registration session. Existing students can register at any time using SURF.
- Students are expected to have their own basic school supplies (binders, paper, pencils, pens, etc.).
- Textbooks for each class must be rented or purchased at the Community Learning Center.
- Costs for books vary by course.
- Most courses also require a USB drive and a print card.