Tuition-Free Noncredit Classes for Adults
New MiraCosta Students
1. Apply for Admission
If you are a new student or if you are a returning student who did not attend classes in Fall 2013 you must first submit a Noncredit Application for Admission. Click on the button below to submit your application.
Online applications require 3 - 4 business days to process. After your application is processed you will be mailed a packet containing enrollment information.
You may also submit a Noncredit Application for Admission by mail or in person. You may print the application on or after January 3, 2014 and mail or bring it to:
Community Learning Center
1831 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92058
Enrollment is not available by phone.
2. Enroll in Classes
- Go to: http://surf.miracosta.edu
- Enrollment for Tuition-Free Noncredit Courses for Adults for Spring 2014 begins January 3, 2014.
- If you are a new student or returning student who has submitted an application for admission online you must wait 3 - 4 days from your date of application before accessing SURF (MiraCosta's online enrollment system) to enroll.
- Prior to enrolling you will need to obtain your student ID number and create a password. Go to the SURF website http://surf.miracosta.edu or click on the SURF logo above and click on the link Get your student SURF ID & password here. You will be required to answer three questions in order to obtain your SURF ID and password. Once you have obtained your SURF ID and password be sure to write them down and keep them in a safe place as they will be required throughout your educational path at MiraCosta.
- Your SURF ID number and password will not be mailed to you.
If you are a first time user of SURF please read the following information before you begin enrollment.
Who Can Use SURF:
- Students who were enrolled in MiraCosta Fall 2014 may enroll using SURF on or after January 14, 2014.
- New students or returning MiraCosta students who were not enrolled in Fall 2013 but have submitted the Noncredit Application for Admission and have waited 3 - 4 days for the application to be processed may enroll January 3, 2014.
Who Can Not Use SURF:
- Students who have a delinquent account or a hold on their record.
- Students who choose to pay fees with cash or check (must use Visa, Mastercard, or Discover on SURF).
- Students enrolling in Adult Basic Education, Adult High School Diploma Program or English as a Second Language classes. Students who are interested in these classes should call the Community Learning Center for enrollment information at 760.795.8710.
Before You Use SURF:
- If you have a delinquent account with MiraCosta you must resolve it either online or at the Community Learning Center in Oceanside, the Student Accounts Office, located in Building 3200 on the Oceanside Campus, or the Administration Building at the San Elijo Campus.
- If you have a hold on your account with MiraCosta you must resolve it before enrolling. To find out if you have a hold, login to SURF with your SURF ID and Password, click on the Personal Portfolio link, and then click on the Holds link. If you have a hold, you must contact the office(s) that placed the hold(s) on your account to proceed with enrollment.
Before signing into SURF, you may want to complete the planning worksheet below.
You may search for noncredit classes by browsing the catalog in SURF or if you prefer you can click on the class schedule below to see the noncredit classes you may enroll in using SURF. The class schedule below will be updated frequently to report the status of the classes (open/closed), but the most accurate and current enrollment information will be found in SURF.
Where to Use SURF:
You may use any computer with Internet access including computers in MiraCosta labs. SURF stations are also available at the Community Learning Center, and the Admissions and Records offices at the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses.
Enrolling through SURF:
Once you have selected your classes go to SURF to begin enrollment.
Enter your SURF ID and SURF Password, click Sign In. First-time users click "Get your SURF ID & password here" located at the bottom of the page. Returning users who have forgotten their information or want to reset their password click "Get your SURF ID & password here" or "Reset your student password."
After you login you will see the default Selection (Student Center) and the student's navigation menu located on the left side. Click Self Service to view the available categories listed below.
- Click Student Center to:
- Manage school-related activities
- Click Class Search/Browse Catalog to:
- Browse the catalog by subject.
- Subjects for Tuition-Free Noncredit Courses for Adults begin with the word "Noncredit"
- Click Academic Planning to:
- Build your Academic Planner
- Click Enrollment to:
- Add or Drop Classes
- View and Print:
- Enrollment Appointments and dates
- My Class Schedule
- My Weekly Schedule
- Click Payment & Account Information to:
- Make a Payment
- Print Receipt/Account Activity
- View/Print Account Summary and Activities
- View/Print 1098-T Tax Form
- Click Personal Information to:
- View/Edit Personal Data Summary
- View Holds
- Click Academic Records to:
- View and Print:
- Request Enrollment Verification
- My Course History
Print your class schedule under Enrollment > My Class Schedule. If you do not have a printer, you may complete the enrollment process online and later come to campus to print your class schedule at a SURF station at the Community Learning Center or Admissions and Records offices (no charge for printing). Please note that you will not be mailed receipts or any confirmation of enrollment. Please plan on attending the first class meeting. Classes with fewer than 20 students are subject to cancellation.
Parking Information: Campus parking permits are required at the Oceanside, San Elijo, and Community Learning Center campuses Monday through Saturday. Daily parking permits are available for purchase at the Community Learning Center.