Online Education at MiraCosta College
Log in to MiraCosta’s Online Education Systems
MiraCosta College is transitioning to Canvas! Spring 2018 is the final semester of Blackboard and Moodle availability. Want to learn more about Canvas? Canvas for Faculty | Canvas for Students
Online Education Support Resources
- Student Orientation to Online Learning
- Online course schedule
- Online counseling & advising
- Faculty support for online education
Education: Anytime, Anywhere
Did you know that each year, MiraCosta College offers over 600 hybrid and fully online classes, and half of all MiraCosta students take a distance education class? View a list of all of these classes in the current and upcoming semesters. Many instructors provide detailed information to help you decide if a particular class is right for you, and to learn how to get started in an online class.
Online Class Schedule
Considering Online Classes?
- This Distance Education Readiness Assessment can help you decide if online courses are right for you
- Use this checklist if you need to know how to enroll in an online class at MiraCosta
- Review these tips for success as an online learner and the technical requirements for taking an online class
Student Orientation to Online Learning (SOOL)
- MiraCosta offers many Student Orientation to Online Learning 1-hour workshops online and in person during the first several weeks of each semester. See below for recordings of these sessions. Faculty can learn more about the content of the SOOL and how to know which students have attended a SOOL session.
- Student Orientation to Online Learning for Blackboard (watch video below or you may view a CCC Confer archive which includes all chat discussion). Students cannot access the Blackboard-based course that is shown in the video unless they have pre-registered to attend an online Student Orientation session in the past.
- Student Orientation to Online Learning for Canvas (watch video below or you may view a CCC Confer archive which includes all chat discussion). Students can self-enroll in the Canvas-based course that is shown in the video.
- Free online tutoring is available to all MiraCosta students
- The MiraCosta Writing Center provides online writing feedback to any MiraCosta student
- The Student Help Desk provides technical support via phone, email, and live chat
- Live text chat with a librarian is available 24x7 at the upper right of the library website
- MiraCosta counselors are available online for counseling and advising
- Or see a listing of all MiraCosta student service websites