Online Education at MiraCosta College
Log in to MiraCosta’s Online Education Systems
MiraCosta College is transitioning to Canvas! Spring 2018 is the final semester of Blackboard and Moodle availability. Want to learn more about Canvas? Canvas for Faculty | Canvas for Students
Online Education Support Resources
- Student Orientation to Online Learning
- Online course schedule
- Online counseling & advising
- Faculty support for online education
Education: Anytime, Anywhere
Did you know that each year, MiraCosta College offers over 600 hybrid and fully online classes, and half of all MiraCosta students take a distance education class? View a list of all of these classes in the current and upcoming semesters. Many instructors provide detailed information to help you decide if a particular class is right for you, and to learn how to get started in an online class.
Online Class Schedule
Considering Online Classes?
- This Distance Education Readiness Assessment can help you decide if online courses are right for you
- Use this checklist if you need to know how to enroll in an online class at MiraCosta
- Review these tips for success as an online learner and the technical requirements for taking an online class
- MiraCosta offers many Student Orientation to Online Learning 1-hour workshops online and in person during the first several weeks of each semester. Embedded below is an edited video recording of a Blackboard-based Student Orientation to Online Learning session conducted online (includes only the slides and screen share; you should pause the video to try out Blackboard tools at the appropriate point). You may also view a CCC Confer archive (includes all chat discussion as well as a pause for students to try out Blackboard tools).
(Prefer a Canvas-based Student Orientation to Online Learning? View a recorded video or watch the archive which includes the video of the instructor and the live text chat.)
- Free online tutoring is available to all MiraCosta students
- The MiraCosta Writing Center provides online writing feedback to any MiraCosta student
- The Student Help Desk provides technical support via phone, email, and live chat
- Live text chat with a librarian is available 24x7 at the upper right of the library website
- MiraCosta counselors are available online for counseling and advising
- Or see a listing of all MiraCosta student service websites