Technical Requirements for Online Courses
- If there are technical problems with our systems, please contact the Student Help Desk for assistance.
- If there are technical problems with your computer or Internet connectivity, we are unable to assist you.
- Instructors are responsible for teaching course curriculum not how to use your home computer.
- It is the student's responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course, i.e. you should be computer literate and Internet experienced! Check to see if you're ready for online learning.
Since your course will be accessed through your computer and internet connection, it is important that you have the proper computer configuration. Outlined below are the basic technical requirements for participation in an online course.
* Some courses may have additional technical requirements. To find out if a course has additional technical requirements, view the course in the Online Course Schedule.
Canvas Browser Requirements
Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser. This is possible because Canvas is built using current web standards.
- Learn more about basic computer specifications for Canvas
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- Canvas faculty and student support