Tidepools - A Journal of Ideas
Deadline for submissions: Friday, December 4, 2020.
Submit your entry now to be considered for Tidepools 2021.
The Tidepools publication is comprised of original art, poetry, fiction, and essays from MiraCosta College students, staff, and faculty, and awards cash prizes to students in each category. Submissions from faculty, staff, and MiraCosta College students (enrolled in Spring 2020, Summer 2020 and/or Fall 2020) will be considered for Tidepools 2021. Click on "Entry Guidelines" below for submission details.
To enter, click on "Submit Now" and fill out a cover sheet and attach your entry. Fill out a cover sheet for each entry. Please do not use any special symbols in the title of your entry (e.g. #, ?, etc.). Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Call for Entries Flyer (PDF)
- Entry Guidelines (PDF)
- Click below on "Submit Now" to fill out a cover sheet for your entry.
We are now in the process of selecting pieces for Tidepools 2020. Notifications will be sent out late March/early April to everyone who submitted. Tidepools 2020 will be assembled and published over the summer.
Tidepools 2019 is now available for purchase!
Tidepools 2019 is available for purchase for $8 at all three campuses:
- Front counter/cashier at the Community Learning Center
- Cashier's office at the Oceanside Campus (3200 Building)
- Cashier's office at the the San Elijo Campus (Administration Building)