Horticulture is the study of the art and science of cultivating plants. MiraCosta's Horticulture Program includes landscape design, installation and maintenance, nursery/crop production, and wine technology. Students may take courses to prepare for a major in horticulture, to complete certificates to enter the job market, and to fulfill general education requirements.
Career options include production and retail nursery industries, landscape and irrigation design, landscape installation and management, sports turf management, horticulture sales and services, and enology and viticulture (vineyards/winemaking).
- A.A. in Landscape Architecture
- A.A. in Landscape Management
- A.A. in Nursery/Horticulture Crop Production
- Certificates of Achievement: Landscape Architecture, Landscape Management, Nursery/Horticulture Crop Production
- Certificates of Proficiency: Irrigation Technology, Landscape Assistant, Wine and Viticulture Technology
Department Chair: Karen Smith, Ph.D.
Office: Oceanside, room T412
Phone: 760.757.2121 x6404
Email | website
Dean: Al Taccone, Ph.D.
Office: Oceanside, Building 4700
Department: Horticulture and Hospitality
Secretary: Monique Reeve
Office: Oceanside, Room 4604
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Claire Ehrlinger
Office: Oceanside, room 7057
- Megan Allison
Office: Oceanside, room 7058
- Carolyn Kinnon
Office: Oceanside, Room 7054
Phone: 760.757.2121 x6533