Online Education Initiative at MiraCosta
MiraCosta is one of 24 pilot colleges in the California Community College system's Online Education Initiative (OEI). In addition to the OEI website, the following resources can help you learn more about OEI:
- A 2-page overview of the OEI (PDF) as of February 2016
- CCC Tech Edge newsletter, which includes monthly updates from OEI executive director Pat James
- The OEI Memorandum of Understanding. This was reviewed and approved April 10, 2015 by the Faculty Assembly and May 1, 2015 by the Academic Senate.
- A CCC Confer workshop archive of a January 2016 MiraCosta Flex workshop on OEI; MiraCosta's PPT slides and slides shared by Bonnie Peters of the OEI can also be viewed directly
- Presentation slides from a January 2015 MiraCosta Flex workshop about OEI
MOE worked with the Academic Senate and Faculty Assembly to host a forum on October 31, 2014. Discussants included Ric Matthews, a member of the OEI launch team, and Bonnie Peters, the OEI Chief Student Services Officer and the lead for MiraCosta's pilot group of 8 colleges.
Based on information shared at that forum, MOE developed an FAQ document to keep MiraCosta informed about the OEI. This document will continue to be updated as new developments occur. View the document below or in a separate window. If you wish to follow any of the links in the frame below, it's recommended that you right-click and select "Open Link in New Tab" or "Open Link in New Window".