Professional Development Program / Flex
PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
The PDP committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby instructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout the term, develop the flex calendar, maintain a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources.
Current Flex Schedule
- Please check to make sure you have the latest version: check the date in the lower right corner of the PDF file..
- SPRING 2016 FLEX SCHEDULE (PDF)
Changes will be posted here as necessary.
Back to top
NOTE: The reporting DEADLINE for Professional Development / FLEX activities is the end of the 12th week of the current semester in which you teach.
FALL 2015: Friday, November 13, 2015 - Extension to complete Flex Transcripts to December 3, 2015
SPRING 2016: Friday, April 22, 2016
The reporting DEADLINE for Professional Development / FLEX activities is June 1st.
Informational Presentations (and Forms)
- NOTE: TIMESHEETS ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED for reporting PD/Flex activites.
Associate Faculty need to record PD/Flex hours in MyFlex. No paperwork needs to be submitted to the Flex Office.
- PDP @ MCC (PDF)
- MyFlex @ MCC (PDF)
1. What is MyFlex?
2. How do I find it?
3. Who can I contact?
- Recording PDP / FLEX Activities in MyFlex
PART ONE: Workshops (PDF)
PART TWO: Other Pre-Approved PD
- Editing Your Transcript Entries in MyFlex (PDF)
1. Edit workshops
2. Edit a reflection statement
- Requesting PDP Funds for Travel (PDF)
1. 2015-16 Application for PDP Travel Funds (online form - unavailable until further notice)
NOTE: PDP Travel Funds have been exhausted for this Fiscal Year ('15-'16). No funds will be distributed until further notice.
2. Travel Request Form (TR) - obtain this form from your school's secretary
3. 2015-16 Travel Activity Evaluation (online form)
- For Facilitators (only) of PD Activities (other than workshops)
Back to top
PDP / Flex
One Barnard Drive, M/S 8C
Oceanside, CA 92056
Oceanside Campus Map, Room 4603
Mon - Fri 8:00am to 4:30pm
P 760.757.2121 x6498
Back to top
PDP Committee Members 2015 - 2016
Back to Top