Online Tutoring at MiraCosta
"I have found eTutoring to be a convenient way to get homework help because of the large number of hours and tutors available." - MiraCosta student
Log in to eTutoring
MiraCosta participates in the Western eTutoring Consortium of colleges and universities to provide free live online and email-based tutoring support for a variety of subjects. MiraCosta students log in to the eTutoring website with their SURF username. See below for:
- a list of subjects eTutoring supports,
- a screenshot of the eTutoring site to understand how to use its various services,
- and the schedule of live tutors for various subjects in the current week and upcoming week.
What Subjects does eTutoring Support?
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Computer Science (Java and C++)
- Math (Developmental through Trigonometry)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver)
What about online writing feedback?
MiraCosta's Writing Center provides an online writing feedback service. Start with their appointment system; you will receive a short video in response with a tutor providing comments and suggestions for your paper. eTutoring's eWriting Lab also offers writing feedback, but in the form of a written response to your paper.
What does eTutoring look like and how do I use it?
You may also access more detailed instructions on using eTutoring:
- How to enter an eChat session (PDF)
- How to use audio in an eChat session (PDF)
- How to submit an eQuestion (PDF)
- How to find your eTutor's response to your eQuestion (PDF)
What is the eTutoring Schedule for the current and upcoming week?
Scroll to the top right and click Next Week >> to advance the schedule to the following week.
Other Student Support Services
Many other services are available to support student success. Visit the main Student Services page to see them all, or the Academic Support Services page to learn more about Tutoring and Academic Support, the Writing Center, the Math Learning Center, and the Language Resource Center.