The President's Advisory Committee on Diversity and Equity (PADE) advises the college president on college matters that promote and sustain a campus climate that creates and supports tolerance, respect and diversity among all faculty, staff, administrators, and students throughout the district.
Vision, Goals and Purposes
PADE advises the college president in matters pertaining to diversity and equity and:
- Creates awareness and understanding surrounding the benefits of advancing diversity and equity in an educational environment.
- Builds and sustains a campus community that is a safe space for constructive and authentic dialogue among faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
- Identifies, proposes, and supports campus-based initiatives for diversity and equity that lead to cultural competence.
- Develops staff development and training opportunities for faculty, staff, administrators, and students that promote and advance diversity education, awareness, and understanding.
- Serves as an on-campus resource and liaison to departments and programs.
- Receives and reviews all equity-related reports and publications on campus, including the Equal Opportunity Advisory Committee (EEOAC) and Student Equity Report.
- Support outreach to feeder schools and in-reach efforts to promote messages of diversity and equity.
- Serve as a resource for faculty interested in developing curriculum that addresses diversity and equity.
- Work with the Human Resources Department to develop and initiate efforts to increase diversity of classified staff, associate/and full-time faculty, and administration.
- Propose professional development workshops for PDP Flex and Classified staff development.
- Develop speaker series and/or campus events.
- Supports district efforts to be designated as an Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI).
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Open, monthly meetings with quarterly visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for the meeting schedule.
Seven faculty members (five full-time and two associate faculty), five classified staff members, three administrators, and two students, who will each be appointed by the representative constituent group in consultation with the superintendent/president. The chair of the Equal Opportunity Advisory Committee (EEOAC) will be a member of PADE.
- Joshua Lieser
- Leola McClure
- Andrea Petri
- Edward Pohlert
- Nancy Schaefer
- Arnoldo Williams
- Manuel Acero
- Bryon Anderson
- Jonathan Gomez
- Jim Gonzales
- Lisa Montes
- Cheryl Broom
- Wendy Stewart
- Sheri Wright