President's Advisory Committee on Diversity
The President's Advisory Committee on Diversity and Equity (PADE) advises the college president on college matters that promote and sustain a campus climate that creates and supports tolerance, respect and diversity amongst all faculty, staff, administrators and students throughout the district.
Vision, Goals and Purposes
PADE advises the college president in matters pertaining to diversity and equity, and:
- Creates awareness and understanding surrounding the benefits of advancing diversity and equity in an educational environment.
- Builds and sustains a campus community that is a safe space for constructive and authentic dialogue among faculty ,staff, administrators and students.
- Identifies, proposes and supports campus-based initiatives for diversity and equity that lead to cultural competence.
- Develops staff development and training opportunities for faculty, staff, administrators, and students that promote and advance diversity education, awareness and understanding.
- Serves as an on-campus resource and liaison to departments and programs.
- Receives and reviews all equity-related reports and publications on campus, including the Equal Opportunity Advisory Committee (EEOAC) and Student Equity Report.
Tentative 2011-2012 Goals
- Support outreach to feeder school and in-reach efforts to promote messages of diversity and equity.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff interested in developing curriculum that addresses diversity and equality.
- Work with the Human Resource Office to develop and initiate efforts to increase diversity of classified staff, associate/full time faculty and administration.
- Propose professional development workshops for PDP Flex and Classified Staff Development.
- Develop speaker series and/or campus events.
- Support district efforts to be designed as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI).
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Open monthly meetings, with quarterly visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for meeting schedule.
Seven faculty members (five full-time and two associate faculty), five classified staff members, three administrators and two students, who will each be appointed by the representative constituent group in consultation with the superintendent/president. The chair of the Equal Opportunity Advisory Committee (EEOAC) will be a member of PADE.
Aubrey Kuan Roderick
- Lee Mun Wah Film February 28, 6:30-9:30 p.m. in the gymnasium. Click for additional information.
- March 28, 1-2:30, Courageous Conversations on Diversity: Privilege with Dr. Bruce Hoskins, Aztlan A/B
- March 28, 8:30 am - 5 pm. Latino Education and Advocacy Days (LEAD) 3rd Annual Summit. Board room, Oceanside campus.
- March 27, 8 am to 5:30 pm - Latino Education and Advocacy Days (LEAD) 4th Annual Summit. Board room, Oceanside campus.