2011/12 Board of Trustees Goals
Supporting Institutional Goals
- Ensure MiraCosta College has the accreditation sanction lifted by July 2012.
- Review current data and establish that programs are in place to measure and improve student success; measure progress as appropriate, but at least annually.
- Ensure there is a clear definition and understanding of the meaning of vanguard institution in the context of the Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Ensure a balanced budget is implemented in 2012/13.
- Ensure facilities are up-to-date and reflective of a vanguard institution; use the comprehensive master plan timeline to measure progress.
- Resolve current litigation to the best financial advantage of the college.
- Implement SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timely) goals for the board and superintendent/ president by October 2011 and ensure metrics/measures are in place to assess the college’s progress against the Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Refine the board’s self-evaluation instruments and processes to the board’s satisfaction.
- With the Board of Trustees and superintendent/president, develop an evaluation instrument that provides a more clear understanding of the delineation of board and superintendent/president roles and responsibilities.
- Review fiscal reporting tools to ensure the board understands how to evaluate the district’s fiscal health.
- Develop by October 2011 and implement a plan to engage board members in an outreach program that enhances the college’s visibility and credibility in the community.
- Develop and codify a board-development plan (Board Policy/Administrative Procedure 2740–Board Education).