Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative
In compliance with the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative and the California Education Code 84754.6 disclosure requirement, the following information is presented:
The Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI) is a collaborative effort to help advance the institutional effectiveness of California Community Colleges and, in the process, improve student success and academic quality. Most importantly, IEPI will enhance the entire California Community College System’s ability to effectively serve students.
Review of the Framework and Goals
The Initiative requires the development, adoption, and posting of a goals framework that addresses four broad categories: (1) student performance and outcomes, (2) accreditation status, (3) fiscal viability, (4) programmatic compliance with state and federal guidelines.
At MiraCosta College, the framework and goals presented to the college’s Steering Council for routing within the college’s governance structure.
- The framework adoption was routed to the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, and then on to all four governance councils (Academic Senate, Administrative Council, Associated Student Government, and Classified Senate).
- The student performance and outcomes measure was routed to the Student Success Committee and then on to the Academic Senate.
- The accreditation measure was routed to the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, and then on to the four councils.
- The fiscal viability measure was routed to the Budget and Planning Committee, and then on to the Academic Senate and Administrative Council.
- The programmatic compliance measure was routed to the Budget and Planning Committee, and then on to the Administrative Council.
For more details of how the Initiative has been incorporated into the operations of MiraCosta College, please click here.
IEPI Target Goals - 2017/18
For further information regarding the initiative, please visit the IEPI website.