Fugu - SFTP Client for MAC OS X
Transferring using Fugu (MAC OS X)
Fugu is a free Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) program for MAC OS X produced by the Research Systems UnixGroup at The University of Michigan. Please click on this Fugu link. Problems with the download? Check your browser's security bar, or try this direct link. Here are some alternatives FTP applications to include Fetch. You may use these apps at your own risk.
How to Connect with Fugu
- Open the Fugu Program by double-clicking on the application.
- The initial window has a pane on the left displaying the files of your local hard drive. The first time you start the program it will probably list your user folder, but in the Application Menu/Preferences you can specify what the default folder on your hard drive will be.
- The right side of the window allows you to enter in the information for the host you want to connect to.
Fill in the connection information and click the Connect button to initiate the connection.
- Connect to - art.miracosta.edu
- Username –Your SURF ID ex. W1234567
- Directory - Art:/
- If you don't know which remote directory contains your class folder, ask your instructor.
- Click Connect. The program will now ask you for your password.
- Password: •••••••• (same as your SURF password)
- Click the Authenticate button to proceed.
- Once you connect, you will see a similar window with the listed folders respective to the Remote Directory you logon.
- Drag and Drop your files - Fugu supports drag and drop feature. You can select a file on the left pane, drag it, and drop it in your class folder located on the right pane. Also, you can select a file from anywhere in your hard drive and drag it to your class folder.