Option 1: Via the Internet - Save time! Order Online!
MiraCosta College accepts transcript orders on the Internet through a secured site. Students may request up to five different addresses per order.
You will need to provide the following information
- Your social security number
- Your current name and address with daytime phone number
- All other names you used while attending MiraCosta College
- The dates you attended MiraCosta College
- The name & full address of the intended recipient of your transcript(s)
- Your signature (may be required) on the Authorization/Order form
Option 2: How to Request An Official Transcript Via Mail or In-Person for both College Credit and Adult High School Diploma Transcripts
How to Request An Official Transcript
Complete a transcript request form College Credit Transcript Request (PDF) OR Adult High School Diploma Transcript Request (PDF) giving us all the requested information, OR write us a letter. In the letter, state:
- Your current name and any prior names that you may have used while in attendance
- Your date of birth
- Your social security number
- Dates you attended MiraCosta College at Oceanside, San Elijo or the Community Learning Center
- The name and complete address of where you want the transcript sent
- Indicate the type of transcript desired, either College Credit or Adult High School Diploma program
Your signature is required on either the form or the letter in order to release your transcript. If you want a transcript sent to more than one address, complete extra forms, or note this in your letter.
For Credit transcripts mail or fax the request to:
Admissions and Records Office, #10A
Attention Transcript Desk
One Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
For Adult High School Diploma (non-college Credit) transcripts mail or fax the request to:
Community Learning Center
1831 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92058
Fax: (760) 795-8730
General Information Regarding Transcripts
View MiraCosta College's Transcript Key!
You must pay transcript fees at the time you submit your request or include the payment with your letter. The first two transcripts ever requested are free; thereafter, $5.00 per copy. A $2.00 handling fee will be added to the transcript requests submitted through our online method.
Allow 5 to 7 days processing time from the date we receive your request or letter. Please allow at least two weeks additional time if it is the end of a semester and you do not want us to wait for the current semester's grades.
- A student's authorizing signature is required on either an official transcript request form or in a letter in order to release a transcript.
- Transcripts may be mailed or picked up. If you choose to pick up your transcript, you must show a picture ID. Transcripts that are not picked up within 60 days will be destroyed.
- College credit from MiraCosta only will show on your transcript. We do not include copies of transcripts from other institutions.
- All credits from MiraCosta will show on your transcript, which will also include any work in progress. We will not issue partial transcripts.
- All financial obligations to MiraCosta College must be cleared before a transcript request will be processed.
- Email requests are not accepted.
IGETC and CSU/GE CERTIFICATION, if needed can be requested by filling out the Request for Certification Form.
Indicate on the request form or in your letter:
- If you would like American Institutions certified
- If you have a grade change pending
- If you have repeated any classes and want to ascertain that your transcript has been updated
If you would like current semester grades on the transcript, you can request this transcript 3 weeks before the end of the semester. For short term classes that ended mid-semester, transcripts are not available until after the end of semester grade posting. Be sure you indicate this on the transcript request form or in your letter. You will need to allow at least 4-6 weeks from the end of the semester before grades will be posted for transcript processing.
Transcripts requests using our online process generate either an electronic transmission or a paper transcript. Both methods are official transcripts. Whenever possible, MiraCosta College will submit the transcript to the receiving institution electronically. At the time of the online transcript request, students will be able to determine whether or not the transcript can be submitted electronically.
Sending transcripts to MiraCosta from other Institutions
To send transcripts from another institution to MiraCosta College you will need to contact the sending institution. Please request that your transcripts are sent electronically so that we may expedite the processing of your information.