How to Apply & Enroll in Credit Classes
Select the link the best fits you:
- New Students planning to attend MiraCosta College for the first time
- Continuing MiraCosta Students currently enrolled or enrolled in the immediate past semester
- International Students studying in the U.S. on a F-1 or J-1 visa
- Returning Students enrolled at MiraCosta previously but not in the immediate past semester
- Transferring Students who have completed college courses and/or college degrees at another college
- High School Students currently enrolled in high school and have completed ninth grade
- Noncredit students (tuition-free noncredit, Adult High School Diploma Program, Noncredit English as a Second Language, etc.) must fill out a separate application
Fast Facts for Credit Students
Applying creates/activates your student record in the college database. It allows you to enroll in classes and receive a grade (credit) for your classes. Students who do not wish to receive a grade or college credit may choose a noncredit option later, but still must apply and enroll. Three ways to apply:
- Apply online or use the paper application found under Admissions and Records forms
- Print the PDF application and mail or deliver the completed application.
Mail to: Admissions Office, MiraCosta College, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056 or 3333 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff, CA 92007. Deliver to: The Admissions and Records Office at either the Oceanside Campus or San Elijo Campus in Cardiff.
After submitting your application, you must obtain your SURF ID. Students retrieve the ID number and set up a password through the SURF website.
Check the Enrollment Schedule to determine your appointment and date.
Choose your classes and enroll using SURF.
Credit Class Schedule
The credit class schedule is the document listing the classes to be offered in a specific semester. It is printed three times per year - fall, spring, and summer. It is available in three formats: in print, as a PDF file, and as a searchable online database (SURF).
- Class schedules are available free of charge on campus, in local public libraries or can be mailed to you by calling 760.795.6615.
The enrollment fee for California residents is $46 per unit. Non residents pay an additional $185 per unit.
Payment must be made at the time of enrollment into classes. Students who enroll online must pay with Visa or MasterCard before logging off the system. Students who pay in person may also use cash or check.
Financial assistance may be available to help pay for enrollment fees and books. Check the Financial Aid Office.
Placement testing or successful completion of equivalent courses/prerequisites at other institutions is required to enroll in math or English classes. For many students completion of the placement tests, orientation and advisement (matriculation) will assign you an earlier priority appointment for enrollment. For information and alternatives to placement testing (AP tests, etc.) check with the Testing Office.
Apply now and enroll at your earliest eligibility date for the best selection of classes.