The CalWORKs program at MiraCosta Community College provides comprehensive student support services for CalWORKs participants. This program aims to prepare participants to transition into unsubsidized employment and to achieve long term self-sufficiency.
Antonitte Roebuck (Class of 2015) is a CalWORKs student and a single-mother to a 5-year-old son. Antonitte was an active participant in on-campus programs and clubs such as Student Equity, Umoja, Black Student Union, Performance Writers and Parents on Campus. She is currently using her talents as the Interim Student Services Secretary for the MiraCosta College Service Learning Center. Antonitte is a shining example of not allowing life circumstances to define you.
- Advocacy coordination
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Work study program
- Personal tutoring
- Subsidized child care
- Job development & placement
- Text book assistance
- Personal assistance with resumes, cover letters and scholarship essays
- Student success workshops
- Currently a CalWORKs recipient receiving cash-aid for themselves and at least one child
- Be in good standing with Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA)
- Must be or plan to be, at least a part-time student
- Former CalWORKs recipient within the last 2 years who is currently working at least part-time
If you meet the criteria above and would like to participate in the MiraCosta College CalWORKs program, please visit our office with a recent 'Notice of Action' or call (760) 795-6680 to schedule a New Student appointment. If you are not currently participating in CalWORKs but think you may qualify, please visit your local Family Resource Center.
Office Location & Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.; Wednesday, Thursday 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Summer Hours- Monday - Friday 8a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Larry Burns-Program Facilitator/Counselor
- Veronica Bloss-Adjunct Counselor
- Kate Coleman-Student Services Specialist