Counseling for Current Students
The Counseling Department is dedicated to student success.
Whether you want to take courses for self development, complete work toward a vocational certificate, work toward an Associate degree, or transfer to a four-year university, we are here to help you develop a plan to reach your goals.
Counselors can help with:
- Choosing a major for an Associate degree
- Transferring to a four-year university
- Developing an education plan
- Course selection
- Career research and testing
- Referrals to services and programs
- Counseling for personal or school-related problems
- Study skills
There are several ways to see a counselor:
Talk to a counselor on a first-come, first-served basis during designated drop-in hours. Drop-in counseling is intended for quick questions and general information--no transcripts, records, etc. Call the Counseling office to find out daily drop-in hours.
Make a 45-minute appointment with a counselor for assistance with transcript evaluation, career planning, educational plans, etc. Call or stop by the Counseling office to schedule an appointment.
- What General Education pattern have you been following?
- CSU / IGETC / UCSD TAG
- What is your Major?
- What UC or CSU do you want to transfer to?