The Emerging Leaders Institute
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is a not-for-credit certificate program dedicated to helping MiraCosta College students become prominent and well-prepared leaders in their community, on campus and in their future careers. ELI will complement students' education by teaching them skills and knowledge necessary for effective leadership.
More About Emerging Leaders Institute
ELI Class of Fall 2018
ELI certificate program participants will:
- Acquire the building blocks to effective leadership
- Learn to take an active leadership role in your community
- Understand how to have meaningful interactions with a diverse group of people
- Meet community and campus leaders who wish to share their leadership experiences with you
- Learn techniques to communicate effectively
- Enhance important life skills
- Learn about various opportunities in becoming a student leader at MiraCosta
- Supplement your in-class education with out-of-class experiences
- Network with students, faculty, staff and community members
- Become an advocate for change
The program consists of a series of one and two-hour workshops in leadership skill development and a service project. The workshops will be offered each semester. After completing the program, students will receive a Leadership Certificate.
ELI Fall 2017 Participants
For additional information call or stop by the Student Life & Leadership Office at 760-757-2121, ext. 6890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oceanside Student Life & Leadership
BLDG 3400 Student Center OC3432
San Elijo Student Life and Leadership
BLDG 900 Student Center SAN929
P 760.944.4449 x7782