Resources & Assistance for Former Foster Youth
Raffy is a MiraCosta College Foster Youth program that arose out of a state wide initiative, which was designed to assist potential college students who were being emancipated out of the foster care system.
How Can RAFFY Help You?
If you are a current Foster Youth (or a Former Foster Youth), the RAFFY Program provides many services which are outlined below, but the most important service is that of your RAFFY Liaison. A Liaison is someone who understands your situation, will be sensitive to your needs & challenges and is a person who will equip you to help you succeed in college and beyond.
- Consistent commitment by highly trained RAFFY program staff.
- Assistance with the MiraCosta College application process.
- Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which may include such as:
- Board of Governor's Grant (BOG) Fee Waiver
- Pell Grant
- Guardian Scholars Scholarship
- Academic Counseling.
- Personal Counseling.
- Assistance with priority acceptance into the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) application process, which may include:
- Priority registration
- Book services
- Grant assistance
- First-time college student Summer Block Program
- Bus Pass
- Housing referrals.
- Assistance with Medi-Cal applications.
- Referrals to community resources.
- Semester events; Pizza parties, Bowling.
For more information on the RAFFY program, please contact one of the individuals below: