ThE miracosta promise
About the Promise
The MiraCosta Promise will provide a year of college without fees and funding toward textbooks and instructional supplies to eligible students who commit to Promise requirements. The MiraCosta Promise is funded from a variety of current resources and private donations to the MiraCosta College Foundation.
In order to be eligible for the MiraCosta Promise, a participant must:
- Graduate in spring 2017 from any accredited high school located within the boundaries of the MiraCosta Community College District.
- Apply to attend MiraCosta College for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters by May 11, 2017 and commit to enrolling in 12 units or more each semester.
- Be a resident of the state of California for tuition purposes (or be AB 540 eligible).
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Dream Act application by May 11, 2017 and qualify for the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver.
Students who complete the eligibility requirements will be automatically considered for the MiraCosta Promise and will be notified by May 19, 2017.
Eligible students who are interested in participating in the MiraCosta Promise must:
- Sign the MiraCosta Promise Commitment Contract by July 1, 2017.
- Complete the matriculation process, which includes orientation, assessment and academic advisement by July 1, 2017.
- Remain continuously enrolled in 12 units or more during the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA or better for the academic year.
For more information about the MiraCosta Promise, contact the Financial Aid Office at 760.795.6711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.