We are now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.
College Success Skills
Introduction to College Composition
The First Year Experience (FYE) Program admits students who are committed and highly motivated to their academic success. Answers to the following questions will help us determine your motivation and preparation to undertake college work. Please use the space provided below to answer each question as precisely and honestly as possible.
1. Why would you like to attend college? Discuss your career and personal goals. Are there any particular circumstances, school experiences, or individuals that influenced your preparation or motivation to attend college?
2. In your opinion, what are some skills required to succeed in college and which skills do you hope to develop during your first year in college?
3. Briefly discuss your academic background. Did you utilize any additional support at your high school, such as tutoring?
4. List any volunteer, extracurricular activities, or work experience in which you are or have been involved in the past two years.
5. Is there any additional information you would like the FYE Program to consider. Space in the program’s cohorts is limited, so this is your opportunity to tell us why we should select you to participate in the First Year Experience Program.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.