As an FYE student you will benefit from the following services:
- A special 2-day orientation before the Fall semester begins, so you become familiar with the campus, student services, and resources.
- Special activities throughout the year exclusively for FYE students.
- Meaningful connections formed by taking a set of three courses with the same instructors and students.
- Career and academic counseling.
- Individualized academic support plans.
- A book voucher to help you with the cost of books.
Here's what our students are saying about the FYE Program:
“Being in the FYE program has actually let me accomplish a full semester without dropping out. On my own, I would have dropped out a lot sooner without a support system.”
“I have learned to use all of the resources available to me for my success. I have many friends and connections with counselors and instructors.”
“It helped me establish relationships with students and teachers. I’ve never experienced connections like this before and it has changed my life completely for the better.”
“It has benefited me a lot. It helped me get familiar with everything at MiraCosta and what it offers. It also helped me think about my future and what I want to do with it. Also, all the people in charge of the program help me be motivated about school.”
“The FYE program helped me get started and stay on track with college”. As the semester started, I felt that the FYE program was a very helpful support system. Without it, I honestly would be lost, and maybe, I would have given up the first weeks of the semester. Thanks to it, I was able to learn about college and how it works. Lastly, I was able to learn more about myself and how I need to be a good student in order to accomplish all of my goals.”